The existence of this castle was first mentioned during the 6th century.
Which means, I set foot on a architecture that's more than 1500years old.
The feeling's kind of strange.
Walking on the pavement that people had walked on 1500 years ago.
Do you get this kind of unexplained feelings when you visit old architectures or places?
**
If you're interested in the detailed history of Blois, click here.
-Blois, from the other side of the slope-

-As we walked up its slope-

It's just right in front of a modern main road.
It's nice to be able to drive past castles everyday if you live in a town like this isn't it?
-The "blueprint" of the Blois-

-Gallant horses right outside the castles. I love them!!-

-The Francis wing & staircase; in the corner, the State Room-

-Top: The bedroom of Catherine de Médicis; Bottom: The State Room-

-Top: The bedroom of Henry III; Bottom: The Study Room-

-The fireplace with salamander, the symbol of Francis I-

The thing is, every king will choose an animal to represent itself.
For Francis I, the salamander looks like a member of the lizard family, I laughed when they told me Louis XII inherited the emblem of the porcupine from his grandfather.
**
There's a big difference between the room decorations in Blois and those in Chambord and Cheverny.
Probably due to Blois being much older than both Chambord and Cheverny.
I find the décor for Blois a lot bolder.
The choice in tiling of the floors, the colour and the design of the wall paper for example.
Extensive use of wood in their furniture.
A lot more details are involved in every aspect.
It was an eye opener when I saw all these fine craftsmanship of the past when they only have the simplest tools and materials to work with.
=)
**

Ending our day at the open space cafeteria under the skies of Spring, just outside the castle.
The weather was surprisingly good that day.
I appreciate weekly cafe session like this. ^^
Which means, I set foot on a architecture that's more than 1500years old.
The feeling's kind of strange.
Walking on the pavement that people had walked on 1500 years ago.
Do you get this kind of unexplained feelings when you visit old architectures or places?
**
If you're interested in the detailed history of Blois, click here.
-Blois, from the other side of the slope-

-As we walked up its slope-

It's just right in front of a modern main road.
It's nice to be able to drive past castles everyday if you live in a town like this isn't it?
-The "blueprint" of the Blois-

-Gallant horses right outside the castles. I love them!!-

-The Francis wing & staircase; in the corner, the State Room-

-Top: The bedroom of Catherine de Médicis; Bottom: The State Room-

-Top: The bedroom of Henry III; Bottom: The Study Room-

-The fireplace with salamander, the symbol of Francis I-

The thing is, every king will choose an animal to represent itself.
For Francis I, the salamander looks like a member of the lizard family, I laughed when they told me Louis XII inherited the emblem of the porcupine from his grandfather.
**
There's a big difference between the room decorations in Blois and those in Chambord and Cheverny.
Probably due to Blois being much older than both Chambord and Cheverny.
I find the décor for Blois a lot bolder.
The choice in tiling of the floors, the colour and the design of the wall paper for example.
Extensive use of wood in their furniture.
A lot more details are involved in every aspect.
It was an eye opener when I saw all these fine craftsmanship of the past when they only have the simplest tools and materials to work with.
=)
**

Ending our day at the open space cafeteria under the skies of Spring, just outside the castle.
The weather was surprisingly good that day.
I appreciate weekly cafe session like this. ^^















No comments:
Post a Comment