Went there on Wed late afternoon thinking we should be able to cover the whole 3 galleries. Alas, we only covered one in 1.5hrs. Cos (1) I wore the wrong pair of shoes which dampen my mood for walking any further, (2) we were terribly hungry.
Can always come another day soon to cover the ones we've missed.
Can always come another day soon to cover the ones we've missed.

The only painting that has its very own location directed to the visitors.

Sometimes I wonder what's the big hoohaa about Mona Lisa? Aren't there any paintings that are better than this particular one? Or is it just fame?
Hall of Sculptures.


Famous corridor of paintings akin to the "Hall of Mirrors" in the castle of Versailles.

No doubt marble is one of the most durable stone.

cos this marble sculpture is dated back close to 2000 years ago. (around 130-140A.D.)

Descriptions of all sculptures and paintings are all written in French. One very typical example of how self-centred the French can get even though this museum, which I believed, is the world's most visited museum. If you don't understand what's being described and you have no good imagination of your own, tough luck!
The French: "Go learn my language before coming."
Painting done during the 1st century. Incompleted.


I took a video of this but I couldn't get near enough. This painting is the only one that has a locus of 3m from the crowd with museum's security members eyeing on it. In addition, it is also the only painting that has a big glass frame over it.



Some of the paintings I like personally: The 4 Seasons.



I'm too short to capture the other 2 seasons.
Amusing hairdo. Haha.

Paintings in a painting. By Giovanni Paolo Pannini, 1759.

Islamic art which was recently added into the museum.

This giant piece of floor tiling is being made up of millions of tiny pieces of tiles.

Under the pyramid.

The piece of treasure in the movie, "The Da Vinci Code" was supposedly hidden under this inverted pyramid
















No comments:
Post a Comment