I wanted to eat dorayaki today and I realised I could make good use of the red bean paste I bought earlier. Not a fan of Hello Kitty but they are the only silicon mould I have at hand.
They are still quite cute, I think. However, I still prefer Doraemon or My Melody.
They are still quite cute, I think. However, I still prefer Doraemon or My Melody.

1 of them, together with my cup of cuppucino will be my snack for tmr.
Note: You can see from the pic above, there are 2 Hello Kitties wearing ribbon and the other one is wearing a flower on her head instead. FM pointed out to me that the latter is not Hello Kitty wearing another accessory on her head (which was what I said to her. LOL!!) but she's one of Hello Kitty's friends or sister or family, whatever. Anyone knows her exact name?
It was the moment when I took this photo which I realised I could have use a better method to do my fillings... Arghhh!! Next week perhaps. I'll try my idea to see if it works.

After numerous attempts, let me present to you MEE POK DRY from my very own personal cooking lab!! LOL. I really think I'm quite a genius to be able to produce this in Paris. =p
I can't find any good fishballs here, they are all mixed with flour which, in my opinion is just crap. I'll make some myself one day when I have the time. For now, I'll substitute them with my prawn dumplings instead.

Bento for tmr. No more Mon blues!! ~~
I'm a bit anal about hygiene when it concerns food. From its preparation to its storage.
I'll wrap everything in plastic film once it's done to prevent any contamination.

I supposed hygiene is something that grows in me since I'm a kid. My father, especially is very particular about cleanliness and neatness. Everything has to be put in the correct order and everything has to be cleaned and not to be left overnight out in the open. As a child, I'll always do the opposite of what he wants. =p
However, I have to admit now that nagging works. It stays insde your head. Now, when I'm living away from my parents, I realised I can't stand places where it is messy and dirty. Cos' I've always been provided with a very clean and neat environment when I was living with my folks. I'll start clearing my stuff once I know I no longer need them in my next procedure. I won't wait until I'm done with everything and there's a big mess awaiting me at the back. My father is always irritated with me for not washing the dishes well. He will bring the bowl right up into my face and point to me the place where it is not well done. I still can't wash them well now, but thank god, there's the dish washer. LOL!
I'm amazed by my own memory when I was cooking rice the first time myself in Paris that his words rang in my head. Although I was doing that for the first time, I remembered my father telling me we have to leave the rice cooker covered for ard 10 mins when it is done and after that we have to stir everything with a pair of chopsticks so that the rice will stay soft and fluffy. Things like that will come to me now there and then. Not only when I'm playing in the kitchen but in all aspects of my life.
However, I have to admit now that nagging works. It stays insde your head. Now, when I'm living away from my parents, I realised I can't stand places where it is messy and dirty. Cos' I've always been provided with a very clean and neat environment when I was living with my folks. I'll start clearing my stuff once I know I no longer need them in my next procedure. I won't wait until I'm done with everything and there's a big mess awaiting me at the back. My father is always irritated with me for not washing the dishes well. He will bring the bowl right up into my face and point to me the place where it is not well done. I still can't wash them well now, but thank god, there's the dish washer. LOL!
I'm amazed by my own memory when I was cooking rice the first time myself in Paris that his words rang in my head. Although I was doing that for the first time, I remembered my father telling me we have to leave the rice cooker covered for ard 10 mins when it is done and after that we have to stir everything with a pair of chopsticks so that the rice will stay soft and fluffy. Things like that will come to me now there and then. Not only when I'm playing in the kitchen but in all aspects of my life.
Thank you, Pa. For all your naggings and all that you've done for me .
They help to guide me in life.
=)
They help to guide me in life.
=)















No comments:
Post a Comment