Clockwise from top: Herbal chicken, watermelon, French-style mussels

I sleep what I called the "pitless" way during weekends i.e. without any disturbances from alarm clock, phonecalls, or whatever noises you can name. I even make sure no sunlight can get into my room by drawing up all the light-proof curtains before I sleep. Hahaha!! I wake up feeling very rejuvenised every weekend! (My skin looks better & poreless after ample rest too) This week scoring 13hours on Saturday and 12 hours on Sunday.
I cooked some herbal chicken since my mensus just ended this week. I really love the smell of Chinese herbs. I was simmering the whole thing under low heat till the sauce thickens by itself. The smell of Angelica sinensis and Dioscorea opposita are so inviting. Gonna packed it together with some rice for my bento tomorrow.
Temperature in Paris is as hot as Singapore now. The consumption of Angelica sinensis is going to be just once a month thing after menstruation for now since it's "heaty" by nature. I'm going to brew some herbal cooling tea and stock them in the fridge for the next 2 months or so. It's not going to be hard work since it's only for my own consumption. The French in my house doesn't drink this kind of thing. I was shaking my head when I see how they screw their noses and faces at me when I ask them to try. They just don't know what they are missing.
Bought lots of fruits on Saturday at the wet market. The best fruits always appear during summer time. I got my fav watermelon!! My father always buy and cut it himself for everyone in the family. I'll usually take the whole box out from the fridge and eat it in front of the telly! Again, scenes of how it should be cut and stored came to me naturally when I'm doing it myself here.
The season of mussels is here again! I waited for a year just to eat them again. One of those rare French food I like.
******************
I cooked some herbal chicken since my mensus just ended this week. I really love the smell of Chinese herbs. I was simmering the whole thing under low heat till the sauce thickens by itself. The smell of Angelica sinensis and Dioscorea opposita are so inviting. Gonna packed it together with some rice for my bento tomorrow.
Temperature in Paris is as hot as Singapore now. The consumption of Angelica sinensis is going to be just once a month thing after menstruation for now since it's "heaty" by nature. I'm going to brew some herbal cooling tea and stock them in the fridge for the next 2 months or so. It's not going to be hard work since it's only for my own consumption. The French in my house doesn't drink this kind of thing. I was shaking my head when I see how they screw their noses and faces at me when I ask them to try. They just don't know what they are missing.
There's a very good reason why most Asians look much younger than Caucasians of the same age. Genes and diet go hand in hand.
Bought lots of fruits on Saturday at the wet market. The best fruits always appear during summer time. I got my fav watermelon!! My father always buy and cut it himself for everyone in the family. I'll usually take the whole box out from the fridge and eat it in front of the telly! Again, scenes of how it should be cut and stored came to me naturally when I'm doing it myself here.
The season of mussels is here again! I waited for a year just to eat them again. One of those rare French food I like.















No comments:
Post a Comment