Lately.
- I tasted fresh fig for the first time. We do have it in Singapore but I think we usually eat the preserved, dry version, commonly known as 无花果。The taste isn't bad at all, not much taste, just a little hint of sweetness, pretty dry, but it has an interesting texture, mainly due to its seeds.
- The weather is taking a drastic change of cold - no more than 10degs celcius on the average and we found our new comfort place for food during lunch time/friday happy hours - Korean hot pot dishes which is just a stone throw from the office.
- The Hokkaido cheesy milk stew I cooked for lunch during the week was not bad, but I don't really like it. Too milky for my liking. Makes me sick after a few bites.
- Transportation strike is on for the last couple of weeks and it is pissing the hell out of me. Me, being the midget in the midst of this European population being crushed like a stupid flank of tuna every morning is just horrible. The only redeeming/consolation is there are less chances to encounter smelly armpit due to the decreasing temperatures. I just don't understand why are they adopting this "hanging in the mid-air" method; they should just stop everything for 1 week, paralyse the whole nation economy in the process, make the President pee in his pants in the middle of the night, and there you go! Your voices are finally heard, goal achieved, case close, tomorrow is another day.
- In reality, things hardly go the way I wanted it to be.















No comments:
Post a Comment