It was Nana who told me about this thermal cooker. It is relatively simple. There are 2 parts to this pot - the removable metallic pot and the outer case which is the insulator for the "thermal slow cooking" part later.
I got this from Tangs, but Takashimaya is having a promotion for this. However, the size I wanted was out of stock. The one I have is the second smallest in capacity. I didn't get the smallest one even if I'm the only one drinking it (cos' the Ang Mohs in my house don't give 养身养颜 a shit and since they are already so "臭老", I guessed it doesn't matter. LOL!! Hahahaha!! ) as I've studied the amount of water you need to add for those ready packed soup packs are usually 2 - 2.5 litres on the average. And, if you consider the volume generated by the other ingredients like chicken/pork or some veggies, 2.5litres is actually a good size.
Beware not to be greedy and get one too much for your family's consumption as this apparatus will not be at its optimal performance if it is not at least 80% full.
I got this from Tangs, but Takashimaya is having a promotion for this. However, the size I wanted was out of stock. The one I have is the second smallest in capacity. I didn't get the smallest one even if I'm the only one drinking it (cos' the Ang Mohs in my house don't give 养身养颜 a shit and since they are already so "臭老", I guessed it doesn't matter. LOL!! Hahahaha!! ) as I've studied the amount of water you need to add for those ready packed soup packs are usually 2 - 2.5 litres on the average. And, if you consider the volume generated by the other ingredients like chicken/pork or some veggies, 2.5litres is actually a good size.
Beware not to be greedy and get one too much for your family's consumption as this apparatus will not be at its optimal performance if it is not at least 80% full.

Bring water to a boil over the stove with the removable pot. Put all the ingredients/herbs you've got for your soup of the day. Bring everything to boiling point again, simmer for another 15-20 mins. After that, just put it back inside the outer case. Close lid and it will cook by itself for the next few hours.
I could have nice soups everyday after work!! Yay!!
This is my first attempt using this, so I just add in the stuff I could find in my fridge for testing (just in case this apparatus is a complete useless piece of junk, I won't have to waste those few packets of precious soup packs I brought back) - Ginseng (given by dearest mummy!!) chicken soup with wolfberries & red dates. I added some carrots and turnips slices to sweeten up the whole thing. I didn't have to add in any salt at the end. Jolly goodness!!

Soup lover, me!















I have the same thing too!! Though I use it to cook Chinese desserts, haha - Carol
ReplyDeleteTeach me cook desserts!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete