Packing & re-arranging the kitchen stuff I have, I discovered I've forgotten their existence and they are all in their original packaging!
(Clockwise: Salad Box, Fruits Box & Cutlery Set Box - all in perfect portable sizes!!)

I recalled this cutlery box set is meant to be a backup for My Melody cutlery box set that FM bought for me in Taiwan. Of course, there is a big difference in price between the 2 of them, and I didn't want the My Melody one to wear out any time soon.
2 sets of measuring spoons - The top right corner is made in Japan, whilst the bottom left one is made in China. I prefer those made in Japan ones. There's the tempura Bamboo "chopsticks" that I often used cos W loves tempura, so this is a common dish on the dining table at home.


It was FM who made me realised that aesthetically pleasing kitchenware and cutlery really liftens one's mood at the dining table. I still remembered all her Habitat stuff. Hope she is all well in Taiwan now. =D
(Clockwise: Salad Box, Fruits Box & Cutlery Set Box - all in perfect portable sizes!!)

I recalled this cutlery box set is meant to be a backup for My Melody cutlery box set that FM bought for me in Taiwan. Of course, there is a big difference in price between the 2 of them, and I didn't want the My Melody one to wear out any time soon.
2 sets of measuring spoons - The top right corner is made in Japan, whilst the bottom left one is made in China. I prefer those made in Japan ones. There's the tempura Bamboo "chopsticks" that I often used cos W loves tempura, so this is a common dish on the dining table at home.

Do you know what is an effective method to test whether the oil for the tempura is hot enough? When I first started out cooking, I was taught to "throw" some water into the deep fryer, but that was pretty dangerous and I always jump back from the stove when I was performing the stunt. After some time, I've learnt that I can just placed DRY bamboo chopsticks (it must be wooden, else this trick won't work) right in the middle of the deep fryer - you know the oil is ready when the bubbles escaping from the partially submerged chopsticks are tiny and fast.
(Clockwise: 和風 rice bowls, miso soup bowls in sets of 2)

It was FM who made me realised that aesthetically pleasing kitchenware and cutlery really liftens one's mood at the dining table. I still remembered all her Habitat stuff. Hope she is all well in Taiwan now. =D















No comments:
Post a Comment