NOTE: Please be aware that if you are eating crabs (it may include other seafood as well, ASK before you place an order!!), they are based on SEASONAL PRICES. They may change on a daily basis. So, check with the service staff beforehand.
Chilli Crab - Hard shell crabs cooked in a thick tomato and chilli-based gravy.

Black Pepper Crab - Hard-shell crabs, and cooked in a thick gravy made with black pepper.

Chilli crabs are commonly served with fried "mantou(s)" breads for mopping up the sauce.

Dou Miao - Pea sprouts. I love this.


Pomfret Steamboat at another seating.
In the background, you can see clearly that this is a coffeeshop located in residential area.

Above in the pic are KangKong in sambal chilli sauce (bottom), and KaiLan in oyster sauce. 2 of my top picks whenever I order vegetables.
I love Asian soups.

They named this "Potato Leaves".

Egg Tofu with seafood sizzling on a hot plate.

Egg noodles in thick gravy.

Assam Curry Fishhead!! Yummy Yums!!

Oyster omelette.


Black Pepper Crab - Hard-shell crabs, and cooked in a thick gravy made with black pepper.

Chilli crabs are commonly served with fried "mantou(s)" breads for mopping up the sauce.

Dou Miao - Pea sprouts. I love this.

We don't usually just order crabs in a meal setting. There are usually other vegetables and meat or fish dishes to go with the meal. One thing I miss about Singapore is nicely stir-fried leafy vegetables. Chinatown, Paris do sell some Asian leafy vegetables but most of the time, at much more expensive prices. And, me being a veggie lover just have to force myself to forget about the exchange rate and just get what I like.
Pomfret Steamboat. I love this too!! Pomfret is one of my fav fishes!!

Pomfret Steamboat at another seating.
In the background, you can see clearly that this is a coffeeshop located in residential area.

Above in the pic are KangKong in sambal chilli sauce (bottom), and KaiLan in oyster sauce. 2 of my top picks whenever I order vegetables.
I love Asian soups.

They named this "Potato Leaves".

Egg Tofu with seafood sizzling on a hot plate.

Egg noodles in thick gravy.

Assam Curry Fishhead!! Yummy Yums!!

The main ingredients (usually seafoods or freshwater fishes) were cooked in asam (tamarind) fruit juice with chilli and many other spices. The cooking process involves soaking the pulp of the fruit until it is soft and then squeezing out the juice for cooking the fish.
Oyster omelette.

There are a lot of popular places in Singapore that sell Chilli and Pepper crabs. Usually, you can find them selling at humble zi char stalls located in the sub-urban area – that ubiquitous coffeeshop eatery where home-style dishes are cooked to your order.
I love eating at such places because I am someone who live happily in old school T-shirts and I love peasant-commoner food!!
[POPULAR RESTAURANTS FOR CRABS]
Click here to see the locations of all their branches but the ones located in town are:
VIVOCITY (Nearest MRT Station: HarbourFront, NE1/CC29), North-East Line & Circle Line
1 Harbourfront Walk, #03-02 VivoCity, SingaporeVIVOCITY (Nearest MRT Station: HarbourFront, NE1/CC29), North-East Line & Circle Line
Tel: 6376 9959
11am - 11pm
Esplanade Mall (Nearest MRT Station: Esplanade, CC3) Circle Line
8 Raffles Avenue
Tel: 63369959















No comments:
Post a Comment