Kuay Chap / Kway Chap from my favourite Kovan stall.


This is a Teochew dish of flat, broad rice sheets in a soup made with dark soy sauce, served with pig offal, braised duck meat, various kinds of beancurd, preserved salted vegetables, and braised hard-boiled eggs.
I don't usually like to eat the internals of animals. But, this dish is an exception. The way they do it without exhibiting any of the weird smell of sorts just leave me thinking about it more often than not whenever I'm overseas. I always rush to eat this the first few days when I land in Singapore because there is no way I can cook this at home. The process of cleaning and cooking it EXTREMELY tedious.
Anyone who haven't tried this dish before, SERIOUSLY, just take a deep breath, close your eyes and let your taste buds tell you the truth after that. I assure you will not puke what you just put into your mouth!!
Anyone who haven't tried this dish before, SERIOUSLY, just take a deep breath, close your eyes and let your taste buds tell you the truth after that. I assure you will not puke what you just put into your mouth!!
Oh, did I mention the part that I love eating most is pig skin? Yes, the skin of pigs with their hair removed of course. Natural supply of collagen to my skin and that's why I have big cheeks.
I always patronise the stall at Kovan hawker centre that serves awesome Kway Chup. It is so good that everything will be sold out by 2pm. Take note that there are 2 stalls selling the same dish in the same hawker centre, the one I love is NOT the one facing Heartland Mall, but the one located at the back.
Nearest MRT station: Kovan (NE13), North-East Line
Take the exit that indicates "Heartland Mall" and the hawker centre is located just right in front of its main entrance.















No comments:
Post a Comment