Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Normandie Part II: 不要因低首徘徊而与良辰美景擦身而过

Located north-west from Paris.
We set off early, at 0800hrs.
Travelling at an average speed of 120km/h, we reached around 1200hrs.
Stopping at 2 petrol kiosks for drinks and toilet breaks in between.

I was quite surprised when I saw toll stations along the way.
Thought nothing like this should exist within France, unless you are crossing over the borders to other European countries.
Well, France's pretty big, I realised.

**

-Le Colza (Canola)-

It was that beautiful.
Hectares and hectares of fields full of them.
It is very widely cultivated throughout the world for the production of animal feed, vegetable oil for human consumption, and biodiesel.

原来,电视剧里的一些梦幻场景不是唬人的。
世上真的有人间仙境!!

This is the best pic captured on them.
Can't take a close up pic cos the car was on the move.
Here's one close up from Wikipedia.


**

Our first resting stop.
Not too far off from Paris.

A small little town and it already took a different image from urban Paris.


I saw lots of stone and brick houses.
With backyards full of freshly grown lettuces!!
Wooden windows with lacy kitchen curtains like those in fairy tales.

It's as if I travelled back in time to those fairy tales I read about.
Regretfully, the car was moving too fast for me to capture nice pics on them.
(In fact, I saw a lot of nice scenaries which I'd love to shoot them down on my cam but I was in the car!! The so-so-so-beautiful tulips were one of them!! I love the yellow ones most!!)


=(

-A Traditional French Cafe-



**

-The garden of flowers outside an old church-

The colours of Spring is enchanting!!

This church should be at least a century old.
Its exterior looking rather dull from all the weathering.
Still, it looks solemn.








**

River Seine was sighted every now and then.
Originated from the north-western of France, cutting thru' Paris and ending at Dyon.

Took this with the window up.
Hence, the reflection of the flashlight.

I saw herds of cows roaming freely and grazing on the green pastures.
I felt lucky not to suffer from any motion sickness today, feasting my eyes on everything around me.

=)



**

休息,是为了要走更长远的路。

你学会在适当的时候放慢或停下脚步, 让自己重新认识自己吗?


**

To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment