Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Normadie Part III: La Mer

I cultivated this habit to take note of the weather forecast when I'm in France.
Cos' their temperature difference really makes a difference, unlike S'pore.
It was reported that Normandie will be 14 deg in the morning and 25 deg in the afternoon.

Great! I think to myself.
We will reached there at noon time and 25 is a temp that's comfy and cooling enough.

=))))))

**

Wrongwrongwrong.
I was shivering with cold even before we reach the actual place. (during those stopovers)
Except going for toilet breaks, I stayed in the car.

Paris's so much hotter comparatively. (27deg on the average during the day at present)
With the added-on pollution from the traffic.
The way towards Normandy weren't like any of these.

It's just nature and you.

And, when the wind blows, with little traffic and no big buildings, you go, "Brrrrbrrrbrrr" .

Partly also cos I was in summer wear and partly also due to the fact that the place will be very windy cos it's by the sea.

**

The electronic temp board read 15 degs when we reached.
I was told there were 2 types of beaches in France.
Namely, the pebbles and the sand.

Those in the north are most of the time pebbles beaches.



Notice all these pebbles are all very rounded and smooth.
The abrasion between the waves and itself.
The brown one in the pic was something I picked up.
Unique.



**


This is it!!!!!!!
Those 2 people were resting on the pebbles enjoying the sun, wind and sea.

And, the sea's greenish blue all over.
It's clear and I can see my feet when I stepped into the freezing waters!!
Hhahaaha!!

Cos' I can't even see my fingers in the water when I was at Sentosa.
LOL.



The water itself is less than 10 degrees.
I can't pluck up the courage to swim.

Captivating, isn't it?


Foamy bubbles when the waves clashes against the shore.
I was playing, though freezing.
Alas, playing always comes first for me!
Keke!!



The cliff right behind the beach.



Will found this and told me the white pebbles were what people used to make chalk!
I really didn't know that!
How is the tiny rod of chalk we always had in our classrooms be in any way similar to these white pebbles??


I decided to put his words to test.
I got my on-the-spot-blackboard by the beach.
It works!!

Hahahahaha!!



**

These are some of the houses by the beach.
But, they are not the nicest I've seen in Normandie.

I'll put th nice ones up subsequently.

Think Chinese will like these houses.
Good Fengshui.
背山靠海!!



No comments:

Post a Comment