After travelling for more than 3 hours, and after my fun session at the beach earlier, all of us were famished.
We didn't take much time to decide and heed up the beach to the restaurant right in front of us.
Look pretty nice to begin with.
The plants prying prying over its ceiling.

I forgot to take note of the name to this restaurant.
Anyway, you can't miss it.
It's the only one there by the sea.
**
They always say, "靠山吃山, 靠海吃海", so, I decided to order from the fish menu.
(I'm actually taking a risk!! High risk, cos the fishes I always see them selling at the supermkts and wet markets look less than appetising. Well, now I'm in a town by the sea, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and head for it.)
*crossed my fingers and toes*

**
The appetisers came while we discussed and decide on what to order.
Yea, one thing you've got to get use to in France is, they take their time to ponder over the menu.
You can say that they are very meticulous in choosing what they want to eat.
So, if you are hungry, help yourself to the appetiser first, and smile, be patient to them.
LOL.
(I took only 2 mins to decide on my entrée and main dish..)

If anyone sees this kind of baguette, with the exact crust, please don't waste your blardy money and buy it.
I rather skip a meal than to eat this.
Serious.

This is good.
But, it's much denser, hence I just took a few bites, cos I need to save space for my upcoming yummy food!! (I hope..)

I ate 2 cos of the cute shapes.
It's just those salted bix you can find off the shelves in the supermarkets.
I think they serve this to shut kids at the tables up.
LOL.
But the 5 of us were all very grown up adults.

This tasted sweet to my surprise.
So, I took 2 glasses of it during the meal.
To go with my fish!! ^^

**
I waited like a giraffe before the entrées made its way towards our table.
2 of us took this.
I like the salad in France!!

His ham is too salty for my liking.
Took a small bite and that's it, back to my greens!!

Vivi let me try this dish of his.
OMG!!
I got this sudden urge to exchange my platter with him, but in the end, I held back!!
=((((((
It tasted so good!!

I love the blue tinge on the shell!!

If anyone of you have caught the Mr Bean's movie.
This is the exact prawns he ordered at the restaurant when he missed his first train.
The meat is sightly better than prawns, similar to the lobsters'.

**
We thought this is a restaurant mainly catering to the tourists.
Hence servings will be small and measely, accompanied with cut-throat prices.
However, to our pleasant surprises, the entrées servings were frighteningly huge!!
I didn't manage to finish my plate of salad.
And, I was taking my own sweet time to eat as I was approaching my limit while eating my
entrée.
I started to look around the restaurant for some distractions...

I know I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad with a capital letter "b".
The folks here dress rather differently from the Parisians.
I just find the way he had his beard VERY interesting.
=P
Maybe, you people can feedback me on it.
Haha!
**
Main Dish!!
Who can guess what's this dish?? (Hint: The fav dish of the current French President, Chirac)

Any ideas??
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The meat belongs to the head of a bull/cow.
Errrrr... at first they teased me by telling me that's the brain of a bull/cow.
*Speechless** and stared in horror..
**

It looked appetising, but I'll get to eat that every other day.
ZZzzzzzZZzzz.
Boring Will always eat the same thing wherever he goes, 365days without much changes.
You don't even have to guess..
I rather try the specialty.
Adventurous me yea??
Hahaha!!

Mine!! Mine!! Mine!!
3 of us ordered this and we made the right choice!!
It was D.I.V.I.N.E.!!
Really fresh and really big!
The fish measures 25cm across in length.
And, it's the whole fish they served per pax.
Not the usual expected half side of the fish!!
It took me an hour to reduce it to bones.

Tender tender snow-white flesh!!
The meat literally melts in your mouth.
Put it in those gourmet telly programmes' words, it goes like this, "It explodes into a mixture of aroma and adrenaline rush that excites your tastebuds and numb your brains!! "
LOL.
Exaggerating.
All in all, it tasted really good and fresh.
=)
-The gravy to go with the fish-

The gravy dish was nearly gone after we finished. ^^
(Note: That's not my hand.)
**
There were rounds and rounds of bottles passed round the table in the midst of the meal and after that.
It's a habit for them to order tea or cafe at the end of the whole meal.
Sometimes I feel that eating takes forever.
Especially when I just want to get my butt off my chair to walk a bit to aid my digestion.
The bill was quite exorbitant, I think.
Especially when they opened quite a lot of bottles.
French don't care when they are on high.
This whole meal cost around SGD800++ for us, 5 pax.
**
Seafood cost an arm and a leg here.
More details to be continued on my next post.
Tata~~
We didn't take much time to decide and heed up the beach to the restaurant right in front of us.
Look pretty nice to begin with.
The plants prying prying over its ceiling.

I forgot to take note of the name to this restaurant.
Anyway, you can't miss it.
It's the only one there by the sea.
**
They always say, "靠山吃山, 靠海吃海", so, I decided to order from the fish menu.
(I'm actually taking a risk!! High risk, cos the fishes I always see them selling at the supermkts and wet markets look less than appetising. Well, now I'm in a town by the sea, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and head for it.)
*crossed my fingers and toes*

**
The appetisers came while we discussed and decide on what to order.
Yea, one thing you've got to get use to in France is, they take their time to ponder over the menu.
You can say that they are very meticulous in choosing what they want to eat.
So, if you are hungry, help yourself to the appetiser first, and smile, be patient to them.
LOL.
(I took only 2 mins to decide on my entrée and main dish..)

If anyone sees this kind of baguette, with the exact crust, please don't waste your blardy money and buy it.
I rather skip a meal than to eat this.
Serious.

This is good.
But, it's much denser, hence I just took a few bites, cos I need to save space for my upcoming yummy food!! (I hope..)

I ate 2 cos of the cute shapes.
It's just those salted bix you can find off the shelves in the supermarkets.
I think they serve this to shut kids at the tables up.
LOL.
But the 5 of us were all very grown up adults.

This tasted sweet to my surprise.
So, I took 2 glasses of it during the meal.
To go with my fish!! ^^

**
I waited like a giraffe before the entrées made its way towards our table.
2 of us took this.
I like the salad in France!!

His ham is too salty for my liking.
Took a small bite and that's it, back to my greens!!

Vivi let me try this dish of his.
OMG!!
I got this sudden urge to exchange my platter with him, but in the end, I held back!!
=((((((
It tasted so good!!

I love the blue tinge on the shell!!

If anyone of you have caught the Mr Bean's movie.
This is the exact prawns he ordered at the restaurant when he missed his first train.
The meat is sightly better than prawns, similar to the lobsters'.

**
We thought this is a restaurant mainly catering to the tourists.
Hence servings will be small and measely, accompanied with cut-throat prices.
However, to our pleasant surprises, the entrées servings were frighteningly huge!!
I didn't manage to finish my plate of salad.
And, I was taking my own sweet time to eat as I was approaching my limit while eating my
entrée.
I started to look around the restaurant for some distractions...

I know I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad with a capital letter "b".
The folks here dress rather differently from the Parisians.
I just find the way he had his beard VERY interesting.
=P
Maybe, you people can feedback me on it.
Haha!
**
Main Dish!!
Who can guess what's this dish?? (Hint: The fav dish of the current French President, Chirac)

Any ideas??
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The meat belongs to the head of a bull/cow.
Errrrr... at first they teased me by telling me that's the brain of a bull/cow.
*Speechless** and stared in horror..
**

It looked appetising, but I'll get to eat that every other day.
ZZzzzzzZZzzz.
Boring Will always eat the same thing wherever he goes, 365days without much changes.
You don't even have to guess..
I rather try the specialty.
Adventurous me yea??
Hahaha!!

Mine!! Mine!! Mine!!
3 of us ordered this and we made the right choice!!
It was D.I.V.I.N.E.!!
Really fresh and really big!
The fish measures 25cm across in length.
And, it's the whole fish they served per pax.
Not the usual expected half side of the fish!!
It took me an hour to reduce it to bones.

Tender tender snow-white flesh!!
The meat literally melts in your mouth.
Put it in those gourmet telly programmes' words, it goes like this, "It explodes into a mixture of aroma and adrenaline rush that excites your tastebuds and numb your brains!! "
LOL.
Exaggerating.
All in all, it tasted really good and fresh.
=)
-The gravy to go with the fish-

The gravy dish was nearly gone after we finished. ^^
(Note: That's not my hand.)
**
There were rounds and rounds of bottles passed round the table in the midst of the meal and after that.
It's a habit for them to order tea or cafe at the end of the whole meal.
Sometimes I feel that eating takes forever.
Especially when I just want to get my butt off my chair to walk a bit to aid my digestion.
The bill was quite exorbitant, I think.
Especially when they opened quite a lot of bottles.
French don't care when they are on high.
This whole meal cost around SGD800++ for us, 5 pax.
**
Seafood cost an arm and a leg here.
More details to be continued on my next post.
Tata~~















No comments:
Post a Comment