Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Normadie Part V: Vivre à Côté de La Mer

We drove up to the other side of the coast, "Ville du Tréport", where they have a little "market" just to cater to this little town.

It's small, but comprehensive enough.




Bustling with life, isn't it?

=)












**



I didn't try their menu.
I was over gorged with my lunch earlier.
The rest of the gang were sitting down and savouring over their petite cups of cafe. (Which I don't have any more space in my stomach to accommodate that little cup either)

It's nice to see that they can relate their menu with their environment.





**



I caught this round the corner, not far off from the cafe we went earlier.
It seemed dead.
I didn't see many crowds, or should I say it's not even crowded to begin with.
Maybe it's still too early.

But I seriously wonder why would people wanna go to a casino after a few hours drive from the city?

There are better things to do in this beautiful town than gambling.

You'll see my point in the next pic.


**

Seagulls!!!!!!!
Whole lot of them flying over your head as you tour the town.
They are big I tell you!!



It was low tide when I was there.
Else, I won't get to pic so many of them so close to the coast.
Lucky!!

=)








Big fella eh?
I noticed they all have very clean and nice feathers.


-Just landed!!-



-Prohibited to feed the seagulls-




I don't know how many of you remember the Chinese serial, "阳光列车" in 1995 by Chen Hanwei, where he used the spirit of the seagulls to inspire and motivate this bunch of problematic students in his class.
That was also the very serial that I got smitten by his long hair.
Hahaha!!

This show came into my mind when I saw them flying above me.

“飞得高,才看得远”。

True.

不过有时飞得太高往往忽略了脚下的绊脚石... ...


**




I don't know why my pic turns out to be greyish when I didn't set my cam to monochrome.
But it looks kind of sad in this setting.
Maybe the sky was kind of dark then. (There was a drizzle after that)

或许当年刘德华在神雕侠侣中扮演杨过时, 是在这个山崖跳下的... ...
哈哈哈!!

Me and my crap.




-The beautiful resting area by the beach-




**


-Follow the signboard and it will lead you up to houses on the hill-









Food wise, the variety is good and ample.
But the clothes and shoes the sell here is a major disappointment.
There's not even a single item that caught my fancy as much as I want to lug something bimbotic back.


**


-Seafood at skyhigh prices-

I'm sorry I only manage to get this pathetic looking fishes in the pic.
Gotta look out for the shopkeepers sometimes when I want to fish out my cam.
They are quite flash-light-sensitive-folks you see.

These small fishes in the pic cost SGD9.00 per kg.
Well, I reckon one of them on the average is already1kg each approx.

Crabs are selling at SGD20.00per kg that day.


-Their Central Fish Market for Catch of The Day!!-


Though freshness is guaranteed, but be prepared to spend too when you come here for their fresh goods.


**


No comments:

Post a Comment