French Normandy was occupied by English forces during the Hundred Years' War in 1346-1360 and again in 1415-1450.
Afterwards, prosperity returned to Normandy until the Wars of Religion when many Norman towns (Alençon, Rouen, Caen, Coutances, Bayeux) joined the Reformation and battles ensued throughout the province.
Henceforth, their architecture shares its influence from their neighbouring countries, adopting a style of their own, apart from its capital.
**


**
I wonder why my French counterparts had to stop at every cafe they've seen.
Here they tried their African Kenya Tea (1 of them), the other one a Martini (Yes, in broad daylight they still drink and drink and drink), the other 2 had cafe and Earl Grey respectively I think.

Me?
I took the chance to go to the loo and meddle with my cam again!!
Hahaha!!
-In the café: A poster showing the revolution in Coca~cola over the 120 years -

2007 marked the 121th year.
Hmmm... I think the bottle in 1915 was kind of cute!!
-Coca~cola's vintage advertisement poster-

I got a soft spot for vintage adverts.
Goodness knows why??
I find their drawings then kind of intriguing.
**
Back onto the streets feeling the sea breeze in my face.
I swear I can smell the saltiness of the sea as the wind blows.

Bold colours and heavy iron grilles seems to be the icon for the houses here.
Properties here are relatively much cheaper than Paris.
A studio apartment costing only around € 60K ++, while a duplex unit varies from €210K - 360K. (depending on its location, by the sea or not)
I've seen one unit being advertised that gives away the whole big garden together with a horse for you to ride on.
How nice!! ~~


**


xoxo,
serene

Afterwards, prosperity returned to Normandy until the Wars of Religion when many Norman towns (Alençon, Rouen, Caen, Coutances, Bayeux) joined the Reformation and battles ensued throughout the province.
Henceforth, their architecture shares its influence from their neighbouring countries, adopting a style of their own, apart from its capital.
**


**
I wonder why my French counterparts had to stop at every cafe they've seen.
Here they tried their African Kenya Tea (1 of them), the other one a Martini (Yes, in broad daylight they still drink and drink and drink), the other 2 had cafe and Earl Grey respectively I think.

Me?
I took the chance to go to the loo and meddle with my cam again!!
Hahaha!!
-In the café: A poster showing the revolution in Coca~cola over the 120 years -

2007 marked the 121th year.
Hmmm... I think the bottle in 1915 was kind of cute!!
-Coca~cola's vintage advertisement poster-

I got a soft spot for vintage adverts.
Goodness knows why??
I find their drawings then kind of intriguing.
**
Back onto the streets feeling the sea breeze in my face.
I swear I can smell the saltiness of the sea as the wind blows.

Bold colours and heavy iron grilles seems to be the icon for the houses here.
Properties here are relatively much cheaper than Paris.
A studio apartment costing only around € 60K ++, while a duplex unit varies from €210K - 360K. (depending on its location, by the sea or not)
I've seen one unit being advertised that gives away the whole big garden together with a horse for you to ride on.
How nice!! ~~


**


xoxo,
serene
















No comments:
Post a Comment