Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2007

What time is it?

It's party time!!!!!
We went to a family friend's house party last night, and I had a great time!!
So did everyone. ^^
It was under cosy lighting and with the classical music playing in the background while we pigged at the dining table.
I felt so at eased and relaxed throughout.

**

A typical traditional French affair.
Dinner kicked off with appetizers, main dish, cheese and dessert.
With lots of champagne, wine and liquor in between.



We were at the dining table from 1930hrs till 0100hrs.

Take my word, this is the normal duration.
I'm still trying to get used to this.

**

As usual, let me have the honour in introducing you the food!!
We shall kick off with the appetizers.




This is divine!!
Please try it should you come to Paris!!
Don't save on food expenses!!

Look at the colour of this dish, do I have to tell you how fresh it is?



**

Okay.
I was actually helping myself to the smoked salmon delightfully and greedily, thinking it was the main dish, but no, this was just another appetiser, the main dish is still hot in the oven/grill or whatever.

Butbutbut, I'm already full.
Much to the extent, I was racking my brains how to finish the veal and the legumes that was served to me, and I forgot to take a pic of the main dish itself.
It was well cooked, but my stomach need to take a break...

I only managed to finish around half of my plate.
Felt a bit guilty towards the host.

=(


**

Then, there was an array of cheese served with bread.
Again I was still very full.
And luckily, they know I don't know how to eat their cheese. (Or, you can say the taste of the cheese they are eating is too pungent in taste and smell for me to wallow it down my oesophagus.)


**

The dessert was irresistible though.
Chilled and fresh!!



**






**

At the end of it, I went to the more than I expected.
Cos of all the liquid that went to my bladder was quite a tremendous amount.




**

I was running around the house "trying" to digest the food and playing with the house cat.
But, I was convinced I am not a cat person.


**

Everything was great.
The food, the drinks, the company, the music, the conversation, and the place.

We even decided to go on another road trip in 2 weeks time to the Chambord Castle situated in a valley, at Loire.
Around 150km from Paris.

I'm extremely excited and counting down to the trip indeed!!

Here's a sneak peek at the 16th century castle we'll be going!!

I hope I can take pics as nice as this in 2 weeks time.

=)


signing off,
enjoying-a-private-moment-at-the-party-serene

No comments:

Post a Comment