Pages

Monday, June 04, 2007

Castles of the Loire Valley: Part 2

Okie. I cheated.
This post have nothing to do with castles at all.
I got too much pics on Cheverny.
So, I'm going to drift a little on this post.
Give me some time.
I'll try and do one part a day.

**

It was a stopover station to the local wine brewery before we arrived at Cheverny.
You know these French people are pretty good in doing this trade.
What's most well known are those products from Côte de Provence perhaps.
Cheverny makes great wine too.
I tried and tested it!!

-The greeting marshals-

I heard their barking before I alighted from the car.
They are really good!
Really good at catching the ball.
Giving me the ball back in their mouths for another round.
I tried to tease them by jumping around the ball without kicking and they twisted together with me, trying to grab hold of which direction I'll be kicking the ball in.
So cuteeeeeeeeee!!



**




-The real thing begins here-

I tasted a bottle dated 10 years back.
It's potently sweet.



Real wine bottles.
I wonder how they put everything together?



-The Price Board-


Everyone should know why the French drinks wine like water.
It's good and it's dead cheap.

My French alcoholics company bought and brought home 2 dozens after wine tasting.
=)



**



Just a sidenote.
My friends would have expected me to do a part solely on the food I ate for the roadtrip.
However, sadly, no for this time.
Our luck ran out in picking good restaurants.
The one we picked on last Sat was disappointing.
Except for their desserts, or rather, my dessert.
The rest of the food course wasn't fantastic.
Passable.

I think I can do better.



-A whole cupful filled with fresh strawberries & some fresh cream at the top-


Whenever I encounter dubious French naming desserts on the menu and instead of racking my brains on what I want, I's just make do with anything strawberries.
Like in Japan, anything green tea.
Hahaha!!

At the very least, you can't go very wrong.


-For the benefit of those who heard about the famous/infamous French dish, "escargots" but never really see it up close.-

We ordered it as one of our entrées.
Honestly, I'm not very keen on tasting cooked snails.
It's just in my mind. (The image of crawling garden snails and the slimy body.. I know i's not the same type of snails..)

Well, it felt like eating mussels.
And, tasted like some shell fish.

**

Give me my favourite smoked salmon anytime!!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment