Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rue de Saint Anne

Went to a Jap Ramen restaurant this evening cos W has been having this craving for eons.
He has been thinking of the ramen he had eaten in Japan when he was there 3 yrs ago.
This restaurant is located in the Japanese quarters, Rue de Saint-Anne.
Almost the whole street is lined with Japanese restaurants, as well as one of the popular book stores in Japan, "Book-Off".
They have 2 branches on either side of the street.
One specialising in Japanese books and the other in French books.






As shown in the pictures, street names in France will always have the description on how its name has been derived. Name of this person, its occupation and their birth and death year.
In Paris, they will have the district indicated on top of the plaque too.
So, Rue de Saint-Anne's in the 1st district of Paris.

To be honest, I'm not impressed by the food at all.
Perhaps ramen wasn't my favourite and also maybe I've eaten way better ones.
It's the price tag here that boggles my mind a lot.
1 can of Oolong Tea at 330ml costs SGD8.00 after conversion.
I'm telling everyone who's coming to Europe not to practise or cultivate any conversion habits, else you may not want to spend anything at all.

I'll not spend on food as such in Paris.
But if it's sushi, it's a totally different story altogether!!


********************

On another note, I bought my swimming costume today!
Am going swimming this summer with M!!
Been a loooooooooooooong time since I set foot in a swimming pool.
I've never been to one in France.
Now, I only need a pair of goggles.
I'm thinking where to get my fav goggles, the rocket socket.

Weather has been really sunny these few days!
At a blazing 30degs.
The sun set at 2200hrs now.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment