Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Beyond my level of assimilation

What do you think of when one mentions France?
The Eiffel Tower, Paris, Louis Vuitton, wine, cheese, baguette?
Personally, I like to go to the supermarket when I'm in foreign land.
I think this place says a lot of things about a country.
Food is one big culture itself, no?

I managed to remember to bring the cam along this week to take some pics.
We always go to the same supermkt every sat.

I would say France has a very good range of wines, good wines in fact.
At crazy low prices too. (compared to S'pore for the same quality)
You get wines from all parts of France and all over the world.
You name it, they will have it, just in their supermarket alone.
You don't have to go anywhere far off.


I can't take a pic of the whole area in one pic.
It's around the size of a HDB 5-room flat just for their wines & alcohols alone.






Cheese too.
But, I eat American cheese in France. (All the French I knew think I'm crazy to eat American junk cheese but I think they are crazy to eat French cheese that stink so much!! It's so smelly, it makes me nauseous.)







I'm pretty much adapted to life here.
But there are some stuff which will never become a part of my life.
I was really shocked when I saw these being sold when I came to their supermarkets for the first time.


How can anyone eat these??!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment