[21] Inspired me to learn card counting so that i can make everyone lose their pants during CNY at Blackjack. Hahaha. Jim Sturgess looks not bad at all in the movie.
[Shutter] It was the exact remake of one of the Thai movies I saw years ago when they found out that the ghost was actually sitting right on the shoulders of this photographer. Sheesh. Somehow the Caucasian's version is not as good as the Asian one.
Maybe it's already not original to me and also being an Asian, I think I'm more affected by Asian supernatural stuff compared to our Western counterparts. Partly because we have been hearing "stories" about them since we were kids and participated or experienced in events or festivals related to the supernaturals.
Reminded me of my walks with Fami and the rest when we decided to skip phonetics class every now and then. We will heed off to the Cimetière de Montparnasse right behind our school for an hour of walk just looking at those centuries old tombs. It just felt like pure monuments to me, whereas, I wouldn't say so when I still vividly remember how scared I was when I was striding through the rows of urns and photographs of the deceased staring right at me while paying respect to my grandmother.
The semi-hemispheric tombstones of Chinese which I often saw in Chinese horror movies when I was young. Vampires movies by 林正英 during my generation. I thought he was good. At least he managed to land me in nightmares crying out for my mother in the middle of the night when I was already 10yrs old or something. Still remember the nightmare was about this vampire with blue long nails coming into the bedroom closing up at me and stabbed his nails right into my butt. That was the point where I couldn't take it anymore and screamed at the top of my lungs.
I hardly see any photographs of the deceased from the French cemetries. They paid for this piece of land for a fixed number of years and you can renewed it when it expires. If not, the remains will be cremated. It's normal to see more and more names added to the tombstone itself. The bodies just piled one on top of the other underneath.
[Shutter] It was the exact remake of one of the Thai movies I saw years ago when they found out that the ghost was actually sitting right on the shoulders of this photographer. Sheesh. Somehow the Caucasian's version is not as good as the Asian one.
Maybe it's already not original to me and also being an Asian, I think I'm more affected by Asian supernatural stuff compared to our Western counterparts. Partly because we have been hearing "stories" about them since we were kids and participated or experienced in events or festivals related to the supernaturals.
Reminded me of my walks with Fami and the rest when we decided to skip phonetics class every now and then. We will heed off to the Cimetière de Montparnasse right behind our school for an hour of walk just looking at those centuries old tombs. It just felt like pure monuments to me, whereas, I wouldn't say so when I still vividly remember how scared I was when I was striding through the rows of urns and photographs of the deceased staring right at me while paying respect to my grandmother.
The semi-hemispheric tombstones of Chinese which I often saw in Chinese horror movies when I was young. Vampires movies by 林正英 during my generation. I thought he was good. At least he managed to land me in nightmares crying out for my mother in the middle of the night when I was already 10yrs old or something. Still remember the nightmare was about this vampire with blue long nails coming into the bedroom closing up at me and stabbed his nails right into my butt. That was the point where I couldn't take it anymore and screamed at the top of my lungs.
I hardly see any photographs of the deceased from the French cemetries. They paid for this piece of land for a fixed number of years and you can renewed it when it expires. If not, the remains will be cremated. It's normal to see more and more names added to the tombstone itself. The bodies just piled one on top of the other underneath.















No comments:
Post a Comment