Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

X'mas's coming to town!

The big break came! I was delirious with joy when evening struck itself on Friday. Actually, boss was very nice, she signalled the end of the day when all the things have been done and I got off earlier than usual. :) I guessed she needs a break too.

Went to a total of 3 bookshops (The biggest English bookstore, WH Smith, the Jap bookstore, Bookoff, the French, FNAC) yesterday and the Christmas crowd was overwhelming. I'm glad I'm able to connect most of the roads in Paris now. The ability to visualise where I should go and an idea of how my surroundings are, the short-cuts, etc make me a lot more comfortable in this city than before.






I get pleasure when I read especially when the language is so familiar.



We've caught a live X'mas band when we were out and about on the streets yesterday around Opéra. We frequent the Opéra area because we live just 15 mins away.

The atmosphere during X'mas time in Paris is really beyond words! The weather yesterday was great. Not too cold, at 12degs. I got to do away with my scarf cos it was too hot with it.

As you can see from my video, there's a lot of police patrolling around Paris now cos of the bomb planted inside Printemps last week.

Security and vigilance level is high.

Fyi, Printemps is just 5mins away from Opéra by foot. Anyway, Paris is the most visited city in the world all year round, I guessed it's the best choice for terrorists if they want to challenge the world or something.




No comments:

Post a Comment