Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Growing Up

M is my best friend in Paris. I'll go to her place once or twice every week just for catching up, eat or cook Asian food, speak Mandarin, swear in Hokkien (lol!! cos she's Taiwanese) and many many more.

She just came back from Japan and lugged back lotsa food. I tried one of the Japanese sauces she highly recommended and I actually ate the whole 350g of salad for dinner, I was actually full from salad. Usually, I'll feel very unsatisfied but the sauce was so good!! Her place is pretty done up after her trip. Actually I always like to go there after she shifted. Somehow, it just gives you the warm vibes when you are there.



Little things that make a difference



We drank the Manzana (Spanish Alcohol with Apple-ish taste)
together with some Jap snacks (mini scallops) after dinner.

I was telling M and W about the irony of working. I'm actually seeing people who I don't really care (or as a matter of fact, I don't think I'll feel much if they are gone) so much longer everyday compared to those people who I really want to be with and want to cherish. W told me this is life. But I keep on questioning myself why must there be such a tradeoff? I work to keep life going but in turn, I don't get to see my family and friends as much as I wanted it to be. Seriously, farming came into my mind. I don't mind the idea of farming with my family just to keep life going instead of working everyday without seeing them much.

Before and after receiving my pay, I was actually thinking what should I buy or what can I buy, why am I not earning more (I always feel that I'm underpaid when I'm working..) then, there in the toilet, something struck me hard: so what if I own the whole world, all the things I wanted to get or buy when my loved ones are not around? I was actually thinking if he or she is gone, are all the things I'm intending to get or buy still as important? What do I really want?

I realised I just want to spend quality time with all those I cherish. As long as I can afford it.

Everything and everyone in this world has an expiry date.

It's sad but it's true.

I just hope I can make the most out of it.



Out & about.

It was -2degs when I went back in the night.
It's not the temperature that kills you but it's the wind.
Today and tonight happened to be very windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment