Thunderstorms reigning this week. FM told me it was hailing last night. Imagine small pieces of ice falling down when it's supposed to be summer.
Anyway, FM and I went to Chinatown today and gosh! I was so happy to see all those familar green vegetables again!! Got baby kailan, chinese spinach, kangkong, chinese cabbage, puay leng, on top of lots of stuff and in the end the grocery bag was filled to the brim when I checked out at the cashier. I forgot there was nobody driving me, I tried to carry that heavy bag by switching from my left hand to the right (FM couldn't help me cos she has her load too), I felt so sorry for myself after a good 15mins and decided to get a taxi home.
The wind is still howling outside but I'm enjoying a whole big plate of kailan, egg drop tomatoes tofu soup topped with coriander (!! I love!!! this herb so much I keep smelling it!!) with a big bowl of rice. Hahaha!! =)
I realised I'm pretty anal about my cutlery. I must have my porcelain spoon and chopsticks, I dislike the metallic smell that comes with those regular metallic spoons and forks.
I'm thinking whether I should make muah chee or mee jiang kueh tomorrow. I shall let my mood decide when I wake up!
Back to playing Wii golf for now.
Anyway, FM and I went to Chinatown today and gosh! I was so happy to see all those familar green vegetables again!! Got baby kailan, chinese spinach, kangkong, chinese cabbage, puay leng, on top of lots of stuff and in the end the grocery bag was filled to the brim when I checked out at the cashier. I forgot there was nobody driving me, I tried to carry that heavy bag by switching from my left hand to the right (FM couldn't help me cos she has her load too), I felt so sorry for myself after a good 15mins and decided to get a taxi home.
The wind is still howling outside but I'm enjoying a whole big plate of kailan, egg drop tomatoes tofu soup topped with coriander (!! I love!!! this herb so much I keep smelling it!!) with a big bowl of rice. Hahaha!! =)
I realised I'm pretty anal about my cutlery. I must have my porcelain spoon and chopsticks, I dislike the metallic smell that comes with those regular metallic spoons and forks.
I'm thinking whether I should make muah chee or mee jiang kueh tomorrow. I shall let my mood decide when I wake up!
Back to playing Wii golf for now.
Left: The so pretty white fungus I bought today soaked in water for my dessert tonight.
Right: The finished product - white fungus, red dates, wolfberries, dried longans with a hint of rock sugar.
Right: The finished product - white fungus, red dates, wolfberries, dried longans with a hint of rock sugar.

















No comments:
Post a Comment