Pages

Monday, July 06, 2009

Summer Sales

I was trying to see whether I can find some good buys at super slashed off prices but nothing seems to attract me when they are all piled up like some junk. I only went to the private sale by Kookaï a few days before the actual sales started and only found 2 items I like, 1 blouse and 1 pair of dusty pink summer sandals.



Exploring Paris with Jasmine helps a lot too cos I know a few streets where I can find all the shops I like in one place now , a break from boring Saint Lazare, Galeries LaFayette, Printemps and Les Halles.

That was how I found the other pair of nude (I love nude colours, it's very flattering against my skin tone) leather ballerinas shown in the pic above. I was intending to collect every colour they have since I wear ballerinas almost every other day here but they ran out of my size cos it's sales period... sheesh (whywhywhy?? I think the women here all share the same feet size as me!!). I really think this brand is better than Repetto. I just went into their shop on Friday before meeting LZ and gang. Somehow, I think the ribbon on Repetto's ballerinas looks very cheapskate. What's most terrible is, they are selling at 3 times the price of the pair I've got. And, I don't understand why the fuck they are switching on the heater when it's freaking summer in Paris at 36°C outside (Paris's really hotter than Singapore right now, verified by Jas and it's totally unbearable).

There's this girl who takes the same bus as me every morning wearing very nice ballerinas every time! Maybe I just need some courage before I dare to ask where she got all her ballerinas from. I'm sure they are not cheap cos everything on her seems to shout some brand I recognise, except of cos her blardy nice ballerinas.

I just don't know how to navigate when I see shops having sales. Especially shops like Zara and Mango where everything is pile up in a M.E.S.S. I don't know where to start. The French, I've noticed is very good in this kind of things. You'll see those women lining up at 0900hrs on the first day of sales outside LaFayette or Printemps because they would have already targetted what they wanted the day before. So, they just run up the escalators and memorise where they got to run to once the entrance doors open to public.

Anyway, summer's not going to last very long here and it's going to be another 9-10 months of cold again. I'm happy with what I've found and I think it's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment