When W is not keen on eating the "ChingChingChongChong" (His way of saying all Chinese related stuff) food I want to eat that day, I'll either ask him to cook something he prefers himself or churn out another simple dish for him while preparing mine.
So, he ate the Yakisoba last night while I ate (yayness!!) my garlic shoots with grilled beancurd & prawns together with pipping hot Tom Yum soup and a steamy bowl of pearl rice. =)
So, he ate the Yakisoba last night while I ate (yayness!!) my garlic shoots with grilled beancurd & prawns together with pipping hot Tom Yum soup and a steamy bowl of pearl rice. =)
Left: 焼きそば Yakisoba Right: Garlic shoots with grilled beancurd & prawns




I bought a few rice bowls like this (finally!) this week!!
I chose this old-school design cos it reminds me of my childhood.
It's so aesthetically pleasing to be able to have my rice scoop into this bowl while I eat my meals now. It feels radically different.
I chose this old-school design cos it reminds me of my childhood.
It's so aesthetically pleasing to be able to have my rice scoop into this bowl while I eat my meals now. It feels radically different.

From preparing, cooking, presenting and eating a meal, there are certain standards to adhere to.
I've been accustomed to having 3 dishes and a bowl of soup since I was a child. The soup is very important to me. I must have my bowl of clear soup at least and you cannot cheat by adding MSG into it so that you can shorten the hours cooking it or by cutting back on the ingredients used cos I'll know (for sure!) as I've been drinking it all my life.
******************
Dinner today.
Clockwise: Tomatoes egg-drop tofu soup, baby kailan, tonkatsu, white floral tea, pearl rice
Clockwise: Tomatoes egg-drop tofu soup, baby kailan, tonkatsu, white floral tea, pearl rice

Japanese lay their chopsticks horizontally on the table while the Chinese lay theirs vertically. Personally, I prefer it to be laid vertically - it's more convenient to be picked up.
******************
Gonna watch [Ice Age 3] with W tonight and fine Japanese lunch tomorrow with my friend and her cute baby who looks like Michelin!!
If you don't know what or who is Michelin, to describe someone like Michelin will be someone in the picture below (hahaha!!)
If you don't know what or who is Michelin, to describe someone like Michelin will be someone in the picture below (hahaha!!)

[破萤而出] Just finished watching this last night and I really think it's one of the better MediaCorp's series around.















No comments:
Post a Comment