Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn

I was pretty busy running errands. W's folks have always been sweet and understanding especially when it comes to food and driving me around. Actually, these 2 activities normally go hand in hand. Hahaha!!



Left: My "industrial" size Light Soya Sauce. I figured that I might as well get this big fella than to run the risk of carrying several bottles of condiments myself when I've got no choice but to do it when I really need to use any one of them. Paris's Chinatown is really far from my place and it's not funny or fun when you are carrying heavy things with your bare hands. I've tried it bef and promise myself that I'm not going to repeat that mistake again.

Right: Sliced turkey with fermented spicy soya paste & some belachan topped with mint leaves (I don't know what I was thinking when I was cooking it, so don't bother to ask me why I got this combination). My new "invention" & a great hit to go with rice!





Left: This may look disgusting but I could eat this kind of green leafy veggies everyday and I still think it tastes way better than salad.

Right: Plain Udon Noodles in Seaweed Soya Sauce with rich in omega-3 greens & Crispy Skin Chicken Cutlet with curry sauce as condiment.



******************



Met Sandra for lunch at this Korean restaurant. It was really not bad and cheap for Paris's standards!! We took the set lunch menu - Appetisers > Gyozas & Kimchi Pancakes, Main dish > Bimbimbap, 7 assorted free flow side dishes (I like their spinach, kimchi, potato strips & radish especially!!), Dessert > Exotic fruits & Korean Rice Tea (玄米茶).


I was thinking to myself while eating that it's so tough to be a Korean housewife! It's such a scary thought how many dishes does she need to wash for every meal!! I don't think having a dishwasher is a common practice there. No wonder Korean aunties are always protrayed as fierce and bad tempered in dramas. So fed up & frustrating!! *imagining myself as one in an apron and squatting in the backyard of the house washing dishes - slam bowls into a tub of water - cursing & swearing**



******************



Went to have the world's most expensive (I think!) bubble tea after lunch, but since Sandra was treating, I don't mind!! =p
Both of us were drinking the biggest cup, which makes SGD11.00++ a cup. Wtf! As if 喝了会飞!



Left: Walked over to LZ's restaurant since it's just a stone throw away from the bubble tea shop & her restaurant is the only one in Paris where we can order & eat to our hearts' content and she refuses payment! (For this reason, we always have our meals bef we go to her shop or her husband's Japanese restaurant along the same street most of the time)

LZ's the only friend in Paris who's the same age as me but both Sandra & LZ are already mothers to 2 very adorable children. I'm still enjoying my freedom very much so, no sense of envy to date. =p

Right: Happy Sandra holding her Wanton noodles for her darling daughter. =) We were laughing like mad when they made me posed with a bottle of chilli sauce in her restaurant!!




******************


Chanced upon some Autumn/Winter pieces I like today from Cyrillus (some old French label) - Clockwise: 2 turtle necks, 2 blouses & 1 velvet printed dress.


I like the quality of their tops. Some bio-material. Feels extremely comfortable to the skin.

I got them all from the kids' section... 13-14years old (for girls up to 164cm). LoL!! I'm a shortie here in Europe (actually I think I'm a shortie back in Asia too cos the younger generation are all growing taller & taller!! Better nutrients. I eat a lot of good food too but apparently they don't contribute to my body vertically but horizontally), I'm only 162cm.




The stuff I've got shown in their new catalogue.



The dress. For all the all things they've shown to match with this dress in the catalogue, I've got almost identical ones at home!! Yay!!



So French.



French babies & toddlers here have the cutest clothes to wear, especially so during Autumn/Winter!!



******************



Last but not least, a bottle filled with goodness - Yves Rocher Body moisturiser.
Got this just to try and its performance is surprising for the price I paid for - It's really as if your skin is drinking water from it when you apply. No stickiness!!
Cheap & Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment