Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hello world.

I'm feeling under the weather which explains the lack of updates. The cold, sun setting itself at 16h, grey skies, and the rain nowadays are not helping much either. At time like this, I just want to snug under my blanket and watch stuff on my dear com or read things that I fancy (which almost sums up what I've been doing these days). Life can be mundane but, when I'm busy, I do miss boredom - the thing about doing something but it's kind of nothing in a sense. I'm trying to do/get something out of nothing to get some positive vibes.

  1. I haven't been to any new or exciting places these 2 weeks, I just don't feel like doing exploring stuff alone now.
  2. I've written a letter to myself this week to be read in 3 years time (I was in some kind off melacholic mood, I wrote the whole thing in chinese so that in case somebody chanced upon it here, they wouldn't understand a single bit of it anyway and I don't think they will find a dictionary to match up every character. Anyway, that's kind of an impossible task cos my handwriting in chinese is really, let's take it as "do everything in one stroke". hahaha!). I guessed I'll be laughing at all my present thoughts then, just like how I laughed at myself when I read those diary entries I wrote when I was a child. 
  3. The previous blog header doesn't really please me that much now and out of an act of impulse, I changed it tonight while blogging. Looks better. If it's anything noticeable for the background I used, the French uses this and another kind of "graph paper" lookalike thing for writing purposes. It was, and still is, such a difficult thing to find single lines paper here - which pisses me off every time actually. It's supposed to guide them in their calligraphy writing cos' they learn how to write in school using the calligraphy aka cursive style since the moment you start your education proper here. I was thinking, yea, maybe for kids in elementary you'll need these things to guide you, but why the hell are students in high school, university or even adults writing on this kind of "guided" papers? Why aren't the stores selling single line papers?!!! They told me it's a tradition and I'm not very convinced by that. Anyhow, I've accepted it's just the way it is and I always choose to write on plain white paper here if I've got a choice. 
  4. The recent switch to winter time is making it difficult for me to catch my family and friends on the phone or online who are all on the other side of the world and this is kind of depressing at times. I don't think I like winter for a lot of reasons, except maybe for a big, white snowy scene. 
  5. I also realised my family and best friends don't wake up at 7, nor 8 nor 9 a.m.  nor 9.51 a.m. on a Sunday morning in Singapore. I thought I could just be lucky and catch one online. Off to bed and maybe better luck before S'pore midnight!

Let's hope I'll have some nice pics during my birthday week!


2 comments:

  1. awww. *hugs. not any better here in London! Europe is so gloomy. sigh. when's your birthday? happy (be-early-ed) birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lllydia - thanks much gal! There's still 3 wks more to my birthday, 9th dec. I just need to find some things to excite myself!! Are you having hols any soon?

    ReplyDelete