Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009



They bored me, I bored them. I could burn them if this spells the end of French language.
I'm sure they will want to burn English ones in return. Let's all go back to cave drawings and body language.


I've got problems understanding "Le subjonctif". It is one of the tenses in French that doesn't have an English equivalent. Lo and behold, I shall quote how W explained to me to help me in understanding - "You just need to get used to it." (how f**king simple does that sounds?) I find it hard to grasp and I think this language is just trying to make things difficult. I'm at this stage where I can understand the conversations around me, the people, the telly, etc. but I'm reluctant to speak French unless I really need to.

This is the 2nd foreign language I've got in touch with but I was very comfortable and happy to learn the Japanese language - I was literally in some kind of super-self-motivated mindset. It is only when I got my personal experience with the French language that I grow to understand why French refuse to speak in English even if they have no problem doing it on a conversational manner.

I'm feeling rather repulsive, so much so that I can develop a physical headache when I hear them speaking it. I got a personal barrier to overcome and seriously, it's such a drag. My American series and Hongkong dramas are so much more alluring compared to this pile of gibberish-whatnots, but sadly, I can't discuss all those exciting plots I watch during a meeting or interview, and even if I can, I can't do it in English here, I got to speak fucking French. For that, I'll just cut my original "speech" by 80%. Short is sweet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment