Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hello! 

Thank you for all my family & friends who have been popping by and sorry for the lack of updates for the past weeks. It has been a whirlwind of crazily busy stuff going on and I finally bother to go for an eye checkup after my last one when I was 15 years old. Haha. The pair of spectacles I have been wearing was the one I had when I was in Secondary 2.

The most important criteria for me is, it has to be light. I have very serious myopia, so I cannot do much to the weight of the lenses (even if they promise they are going to be those high-tech ultra thin, unbreakable blahblahs..), so the only weight factor I can control is the frame itself. Oh, and of course, I'll always smile when I try on those frames to make sure that my cheeks are unable to touch the frames - I have very troublesome cheeks and at this kind of grand age I have, it is not even justifiable if I claim they are baby fats. Baby fats can't last that long, can they?


I chose this in the end - light & stable in brownish black (as my flat nose cannot support some models well, in such situations, it will be my big cheeks supporting the frames which is a total pain in the arse).


Thick lenses.


The geeky nerd sans makeup. Haha.
不化妆或者不想化妆的时候,就可以用眼镜来遮盖瑕疵。

The weather has been unbearingly hot here. Often at around 40 degrees under the sun. It gets suffocating when you are in the trains or anywhere where there are a lot of people in a confined space because it is still not in their lifestyle to have air-conditioning (I don't think that is going to happen, ever). Especially terrible when the metros have neither air-conditioner nor fans, the best they can offer are open windows, not very helpful when they are all running underground most of the time. Some people fainted due to the bad ventilation during peak hours in the morning and I am just one of those who was caught up in such situations on Friday this week. Just this person alone caused hundreds, or maybe even thousands of commuters to stand waiting at the platform for a good 45 minutes waiting for the train system to start running again after the arrival of the firemen. 

Other than that, there are some "mosquitoes" buzzing around when it comes to work. Disturbing to a certain extent but I don't think it is going to last long. If we cannot kill them, we can always shut them out and move to a bites-free space. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment