Today, we (A & I) went out for dinner after work as some kind of celebration to welcome the weekend. A was living in Finland for close to 10 years while she attended and finished her Masters there. She told me there were a lot of Japanese in Finland and they love the Finnish culture loads as it is very similar to what they have in Japan - Reserved & Privacy loving people. Needless to say, there were quite a lot of Jap-Chinese restaurants there and that was when she got to taste the Scadinavian-Japish-Chines-y food. A accounted to me that she started off cooking what she thought was Chinese cooking with just a bottle of soya sauce. Haha. Cute.
I ordered 红烧豆腐 for a start, but when the dish was served, the 豆腐 weren't 红烧 at all. Just a pack of tofu poured and smashed into some sauce with peas. F*ck. I was sulking while eating it, the more I was eating it, the more I felt sorry about myself. I ended up ordering 清炒豆苗虾仁 after that and it was so much better and decent. The owner of the restaurant originated from Hongkong, the oh-so-familiar Canto were actually quite welcoming to my ears - she told me she hasn't heed back to Hongkong for more than 10 years. That's a feat, to me. Another successful assimilated case.
I enjoyed such nights. Having your own social circle, not one that belongs to your friend or spouse. Got a proper job here, earning my own keep. Freedom of spirit? Kind of, but something essential that I didn't deem that important when I was younger is missing. I found it, just need to put it back into my pocket once more. Seriously, I should count my blessings.
Felt Autumn for real tonight. It was 9 degrees when I was making my way home tonight. I got my quilt comforter out last night, snugging inside it like a cocoon and slept like a happy baby. How could something so thin and light be so warm?
Felt Autumn for real tonight. It was 9 degrees when I was making my way home tonight. I got my quilt comforter out last night, snugging inside it like a cocoon and slept like a happy baby. How could something so thin and light be so warm?















No comments:
Post a Comment