Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's so cold today that my face went all numbed after walking  on the streets for less than an hour.
Made a quick detour back and it was really comforting to enjoy a nice, hot cup of mint tea with fleurs d'oranger added into it.





Poppy seeds cake that Agné taught me. Yes!! the oil seeds that are extracted from the opium poppy. She told me this is a very popular ingredient among the Eastern European countries and it's advisable not to let children eat too much of these as it will make them drowsy. I love them ever since Agné let me try it for the first time. It gives very "crunchy" sensations as you bite into the cake.


The pack of poppy seeds Agné got for me from her organic shop. She's VERY into organic stuff.

I have absolutely no idea whether we could get this product in Singapore, perhaps, Carol will be the best person to answer this question!

We have this joke going around the department about opium, drugs and such as we all come from different countries (Columbia, Netherlands, Russia, Germany, Singapore, etc) - So, Columbia provides the raw material, Netherlands processes them and sells them to big brother, Russia and Singapore sends everyone to hell if they dare cross our territories. What about Germany then? The German guy replied saying, Germany at present, like Switzerland, always sit on the fence and watch the on-going game. LoL!



Happy CNY to everyone in advance!! 
新年快乐!

2 comments:

  1. Nope, haven't seen poppy seeds on sale in SG yet. I was so excited when I saw Aussie's McDonald selling poppy-seed muffins in their McCafe, haha. Poppy seeds dont seem to have much taste but you're right about the texture, very fun and crunchy, like hardened caviar in a way. Packs of poppy seeds are sold in Australia's supermarts. :)

    Btw, I always wanted a tea pot with a heater below it!! targetted several but their prices ah... sigh... Maybe i should scale down my tastes in tea, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I am the most concerned about is whether it is ILLEGAL to bring poppy seeds to Singapore?!!!!!!! I would love my family and friends to try this... but this factor is backing me off.

    Do you like the design I had?? It is not very expensive here, I got it for 25€. If you don't mind this design, i can get it for you. I got it that day when I saw it in one of my fav "kitchen stuff" shop. =D

    ReplyDelete