
It is only today that I learnt that raspberry is 树莓 in Mandarin. Tsk. That goes to show my limited knowledge. And, I dare put Mandarin as one of my mother tongues in application forms! Haha!! Time to re-think about this.
I got 2 fresh boxes of raspberries today at the market. They come from Spain. I think raspberries and strawberries are in season now. A lot of fruits are coming in from Spain but the French locals claim them to be of inferior quality, tasteless compared to those who come from other states in France.
True to some extent.
However, I think it is a matter of luck. Like these raspberries I bought are really nice and are far from being bland. It's a matter of luck, I supposed. I don't have trouble with Spanish raspberries. Strawberries from Spain, yes, I go by a 50-50 hesitation "to buy" or "not to buy" from experience.
Oh. And, I love berries. All kinds of berries. =)
Oh. And, I love berries. All kinds of berries. =)















For me, I will always keep a lookout for what appears on the fresh foods sections, especially for fruits. :-)
ReplyDeleteThose in season taste the best for the 1st-2nd week they appear on the shelves. The subsequent weeks are by luck, some will still be good and fresh while some will start to taste tart n sour.
Here is much longer. Like the nectarines in Summer, it can be as long as 2.5 months and they are always sweet and juicy. Melons too. I'm just wondering what could lead to all these inconsistencies? why only some fruits are affected..
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I've sent you a message via your hotmail. Did you receive it?