Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Home Spices & Herbs Garden

KL just started gardening spices at her new place! And, the sight of it just excites me!! I remember always wanting to plant them in the kitchen or bolcony, but I never put the plan into action, yet.

Panpannie is the very first among all my friends to plant her own set of aloe veras and pandan leaves. She is also the one in the house who chops off those overgrown branches from one of those big trees they have in their compound!! Haha!! I always find the way she illustrated her housework activities to be highly amusing when I read it. These are some of the pics I got off her blog on her backyard plants (No disclosure of her blog address here as I know she would prefer to keep it within her circle of family & friends). I just love the way she names everyone of them! I wanna go Daiso and get those labels too when I start my own home gardening activities!!

All pictures credit to Panpanie
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEivNM1gP7T2_isrVpdyx2UDDScS-bsXCMIGplp85Do8SoOu_gCdy62xdEyAQl_mTgLYr2OgrRyVUGSpNwtTKgbgUdJC3h6IDdQtxbIWyNQ7GvfLdkDVofKiLpe2e9yCjq-_-R8jJA/s1600/P1270135.JPG

Beautiful, isn't it!!!

Herbs & Spices I would like to plant in my house!!:
  • Mint (I like it in my tea or even making one of my fav cocktails, Mojito!!)
  • Oregano (Rub between palms before adding to release more flavor)
  • Thyme
  • Basilic (Goes with oregano well, good on its own too!)
  • Rosemary (Poultry basic)
  • Dillweed (Great for fish)
  • Sage
  • Parsley
  • Bayleaf (A must for soups and stews)
  • Tarragon
  • Pandan
  • Curry
  • Aloe Vera
  • Lemongrass
It's such a pleasure and luxury to be able to pluck off herbs or spices fresh from your very own plants at home while you are cooking, don't you think so?  I actually find the scene itself to be very cool! LoL!

2 comments:

  1. whoa! that's a lot of herbs to grow. will they survive in france's cold weather?

    i tink mint, pandan n aloe vera r easiest to grow since they're very hardy plants who'll survive on their own without much care. Not sure about the other herbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most likely not, especially during mid-autumn to early spring temperatures. However, it could be possible to keep them indoors near the heater or something. I haven't tried my hands on it yet. My gut feeling is, I don't have the green fingers as those cactus my mother bought for me when I was young DIED under my hands. Can you imagine? Plants as hardy as CACTUS died. LOL. I know the list is long, but that remains the dream list. How much I can grow in the near future, we'll have to see about that!! =p

    ReplyDelete