Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Automne 2011 #12

At one of the Thai restaurants, "Siam Kitchen" at Nex that we frequent when I'm back. We like their Beef noodles soup, Assam fishhead, Green curry, Tomyum Goong, just to name a few.


I always like Thailand and its people. They give me the feeling that they are very simple, warm and kind folks. "Sawadee Ka(s)/Krup(s)" (Hello in Thai language) can always be heard when you walk along the streets. Today, I learnt that "-Krup" is polite endings used by males, and "-Ka" is the polite endings utilised by females.


My fav beef noodles soup.


Asparaus with sambal chilli.

I think we can give their vegetables a miss the next time cos they are usually quite disappointing. I tried 3 different vegetables here at 3 different occasions and they are just blah, should have save my stomach for something better on their menu.

JY's fav and must try Thai dish - chicken with basil and a sunny side up with rice. She tried the pork version here, she prefers the chicken version while I prefer the pork.




We avoided the peak hour for our dinner (18-20h) and it was already quite empty when we came in at 20H40.


We love plain yoghurt ice cream!! I wonder whether I can make this at home.


I always love granola toppings on my yoghurt! JY chose strawberries & cranberries this time.
The regular cup (which is also the smallest in size available in the store) has a huge serving portion, I was wondering who is game enough to buy the large cup? 

Am I the only one who will drink warm beverages in summer and eat ice cream during winter? I think it makes you feel better adjusting your body temperature closer to its surroundings.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are the only person to do that. I stay constant, only warm or hot drinks throughout the year. ;)

    -Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot! I really need iced beverages at certain times!! Though my cousin who studied TCM also said room temperature PLAIN water is the best. =p

    ReplyDelete