Pages

Friday, October 07, 2011

Automne 2011 #9


Have you tasted swordfish sashimi - Makajiki (真梶木) before?
It is so good that I have a hard time deciding which one I prefer - Salmon sashimi or swordfish sashimi?


Swordfish sashimi is very firm in texture but it melts in your mouth easily. Salmon sashimi got a much softer texture in comparison.


I've said it, but I have to say it again, BIG ♥♥♥♥♥ to Makajiki!!


I brought JY to this Japanese restaurant, Senki, off Killiney Road that I've read online. They have very good reviews for their Japanese buffet, especially their sashimis. At SGD30++ per person, you could satisfy all your sashimi cravings to last you for the next 10 days at least.


We must have eaten more than 10 plates of sashimi that evening. It was raining cats and dogs when we made our way there too. So, we took our time eating, ordering, and eating again. This is one of the many sashimi platters we had - Tako & Shake.


Bacon strips with enoki. - This is nice.



Grilled mackerel - Overdone for me. I don't really like it and it turned out to be a very messy affair as we tried to sort out the bones.


Chawanmushi - A must try for every Japanese restaurant I go to. The chawanmushi here is disappointing.
Senki Japanese Restaurant is a good place for sashimi buffet if you are in town. The rest of their buffet menu is mediocre at best. Miso soup was good though I've forgotten to take a pic of it.

Address: 
109 Killiney Road
Singapore 239548
6734 5565
Nearest metro station: Somerset

2 comments:

  1. y a bcp de resto japonais - la rue st anne pres de l'opera, vous connaissez? mais bon y a rien mieux que l'asie pour la cuisine japonaise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marie Oui! Je les connais, mais pas tous. Je les trouve un peu cher pour la qualité qu'ils servent. Je pense que "Koetsu" - 42, rue Sainte-Anne est parmi les meilleurs que j'ai essayé (un peu cher aussi).

    Cependant, pour le meilleur udon à Paris - Kunitoraya (15 € + + par personne) - 39 rue Sainte-Anne et pour le meilleur Ramen ChaShuu (8 € + + par personne), vous devez essayer Higuma au 32 bis rue Sainte-Anne.

    ReplyDelete