Reading is a very self-fulfilling and self-healing process.
Don't you love the feel of turning real pages and the smell of them?

This furry dog juggling an assortment of bread rolls is Pankui 「パンくい」. I mentioned it earlier here.
I think I am Pankui 「パンくい」.


I have always admire Japanese for their attention to details - you can see on the left page that they have designed part of their book cover into a cut-out bookmark for its readers. There are 2 cut-out bookmarks in each book, found on the front and back cover.
Pure pleasure just by looking at the drawings and colours.

The original Japanese version on the left, and the English translation on the right. I don't have to refer to my electronic dictionary for any vocabulary that I don't understand. =)

One of the terms in the Japanese calendar.

Don't you love the feel of turning real pages and the smell of them?

This furry dog juggling an assortment of bread rolls is Pankui 「パンくい」. I mentioned it earlier here.
I think I am Pankui 「パンくい」.


I have always admire Japanese for their attention to details - you can see on the left page that they have designed part of their book cover into a cut-out bookmark for its readers. There are 2 cut-out bookmarks in each book, found on the front and back cover.
Pure pleasure just by looking at the drawings and colours.

The original Japanese version on the left, and the English translation on the right. I don't have to refer to my electronic dictionary for any vocabulary that I don't understand. =)

One of the terms in the Japanese calendar.

In the Japanese calendar, every month has a traditional name, still used by some in fields such as poetry; of the twelve, shiwasu is still widely used today. The opening paragraph of a letter or the greeting in a speech might borrow one of these names to convey a sense of the season. Some, such as yayoi and satsuki, do double duty as given names (for women).
The names of the months are as follows:
1st month: mutsuki (睦月 "Month of Affection")
2nd month: kisaragi (如) or kinusaragi (衣更着, "Changing Clothes")
3rd month: yayoi (弥生, "New Life")
4th month: uzuki (卯月, "u-no-hana month") The u-no-hana (卯の花) is a flower, of the genus Deutzia.
5th month: satsuki (皐月) or sanaetsuki (早苗月, "Early-rice-planting Month")
6th month: minatsuki (水無月, "Month of Water")
7th month: fumizuki (文月, "Month of Books")
8th month: hazuki (葉月, "Month of Leaves")
9th month: nagatsuki (長月, "The Long Month")
10th month: 神無月 (kaminazuki or kannazuki, "month of the gods ")
11th month: shimotsuki (霜月, "Month of Frost")
12th month: shiwasu (師走, "Priests Running"). This is in reference to priests being busy at the end of the year for New Year's preparations and blessings.
Extracted from the Wikipedia.















No comments:
Post a Comment