It can get pretty nice during year end in Orchard Road when they do up all the lighting.

The older I get, the more I don't like to hang out in Orchard Road. This is like Champs-Elysée in Paris. All lined up with shopping centres, and more shopping centres and all the big hotels. Too many people, too many traffic. It stresses me up instead of relaxing me.
If I can get my stuff done in the neighbourhood areas, which is highly possible because the neighbourhood shopping centres house everything under one roof nowadays, I will refrain from stepping into Orchard Road unless there is something delicious (food!! yummy!!) and it is only uniquely available here.

Need advice to get you started sightseeing, eating and shopping your way around Singapore? Pop by any one of the following Singapore Visitors Centres to make your stay in Singapore a memorable one. This one in Orchard is located right next to Heeren shops, with Somerset as the nearest MRT station.


Singapore offers one of the best movie experiences, so perhaps, it would be a great idea to watch some films when you are in town before or after your shopping and/or meals.
W & I love GV Gold Class or Shaw Premiere seats!!

It's like watching the film in the comfort of your bed. They provide with you complimentary butler service (you can order your lunch/dinner/cocktails/ desserts from the menu they provide, with a mini lamp attached to it, see pic) throughout the movie and blankets (it can get pretty cold inside the cinemas).

You get much more privacy as there are much fewer seats in such theatres as those inclined seats take up much more spaces than the normal ones.

Nearest MRT station: Orchard (NS22), North-South line















No comments:
Post a Comment