Toroniku Ramen is Ramen Santouka 山頭火's signature ramen which has the toppings served separately.

I don't know whether it is the best Ramen in Japan, but it is the best for me in Singapore & Paris (well, I shouldn't even put Paris in the picture because Asian restaurants in Paris are only mediocre at best!).

Toroniku Cha-shu is simmered pork cheek (jowl) meat. Pork cheek meat is very rare and only 200-300g can be taken from each pig. It has a very rich flavour and it is tender like fatty tuna.

My Toroniku Ramen in Shio soup base!!
W, as a fried rice fanatic ordered their fried rice and it was VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING.

I'm drooling as I'm trying to recall how creamy their ramen soup was and how the pork cheeks chashuu melted in my mouth!!

Watch the video. As the hot temperature of the ramen will affect the texture and quality of the Toroniku (pork cheeks chashuu), you are expected to place it inside the ramen yourself.

I don't know whether it is the best Ramen in Japan, but it is the best for me in Singapore & Paris (well, I shouldn't even put Paris in the picture because Asian restaurants in Paris are only mediocre at best!).

Toroniku Cha-shu is simmered pork cheek (jowl) meat. Pork cheek meat is very rare and only 200-300g can be taken from each pig. It has a very rich flavour and it is tender like fatty tuna.

My Toroniku Ramen in Shio soup base!!
There are 3 soup bases for you to choose from, namely:
- Shio (Salt flavour, THE BEST!!) - mild and creamy soup seasoned with salt. Shio Ramen is our only ramen that is topped off with a Japanese pickled plum.
- Miso (Soy Beanpaste flavour) - made from a mixture of pork broth and a rich and hearty miso paste. We use different pork broth than the Shio Ramen to bring out the miso flavour.
- Shoyu (Soy Sauce flavour) - made from a mixture of pork broth and soy sauce. Dried seaweed is used as a topping only for Shoyu Ramen to bring out its flavour. Our cha-shu is simmered in soy sauce, so it’s flavour will stand out in our Shoyu Ramen soup.
W, as a fried rice fanatic ordered their fried rice and it was VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING.

I'm drooling as I'm trying to recall how creamy their ramen soup was and how the pork cheeks chashuu melted in my mouth!!

Watch the video. As the hot temperature of the ramen will affect the texture and quality of the Toroniku (pork cheeks chashuu), you are expected to place it inside the ramen yourself.
Please do remember to telephone for reservation if you are planning to taste their signature Toroniku Ramen, because (I have to repeat again!! LOL!!) pork cheek meat is very rare and only 200-300g can be taken from each pig!! Limited quantities everyday!!
Or you can try going on a weekday afternoon like us where chances of eating this Toroniku Ramen are much higher!!
Or you can try going on a weekday afternoon like us where chances of eating this Toroniku Ramen are much higher!!
[Address]
6 Eu Tong Sen Street
The Central, Singapore 059817
Tel: 6224 0668
Nearest MRT station: Clark Quay (NE5), North-East Line















No comments:
Post a Comment