Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Takoyaki at Tsukiji Gindaco 築地銀だこ

Takoyaki (たこ焼き) (literally fried or grilled octopus) is a popular ball-shaped Japanese savory pancake made of batter and cooked in a special takoyaki pan. It is typically filled with diced or whole baby octopus, tempura scraps (tenkasu), pickled ginger, and green onion.

It used to be at the basement of Takashimaya where I could get the Takoyaki I love. I still remember they were selling at 3 Tako-balls for SGD2.00, but there was/is the inflation, and the taste of it just went from Mmmm to Urghhhhh. The same goes to the Takoyaki stall situated at Plaza Singapura's basement.

I thought I have to go to Japan to taste this dish proper again, but Tsukiji Gindaco located at Ion's basement level 4 got them right.


Tsukiji Gindaco's Takoyaki stall.


We got their meal set that comes with 2 cups of chilled green tea.

I love Takoyaki!!


[ADDRESS]
Tsukiji Gindaco
2 Orchard Turn, #B4-64/65 ION Orchard, Singapore
Tel: 6509 9038
Nearest MRT Station: Orchard (NS22), North-South Line

No comments:

Post a Comment