Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Yum cha ・ 飲茶

"Yum cha" is a Chinese style morning or afternoon tea, which involves drinking Chinese tea and eating dim sum dishes. "Yum cha" in Cantonese literally means "drink tea".

In the US and UK, the phrase dim sum is often used in place of yum cha; in Cantonese, "dim sum" (點心) refers to the wide range of small dishes, whereas yum cha, or "drinking tea", refers to the entire meal.

In France, if you always like to order "Ha-Kow" or "Siu-Maï" from the Traiteur Chinois near your work place or home, you will realise you are really eating very lousy knock-offs versions of what the real thing should be!!

Anyways, to cut the long story short, if you are in Chinatown, Singapore, you will not regret if you turn up at the Yum Cha Restaurant from 15H - 17H for their Ala-carte buffet lunch - all you can eat dim sum dishes!! Even as a local, I find their dim sums excellent and they have a huge variety to choose from, the only regret I always have every time is I don't have a tummy big enough to eat everything I like.

W & his excited expression again when he sees his favourite Asian food.
I forgot to bring my camera that day, so I didn't take much or good pics to justify how good it was.


Har-Kows - Shrimp Dumplings.


Scallop Dumplings with pea shoots - my fav!!


Prawn rolls in beancurd skin.


Round #1 from our buffet lunch.
William lets out a sigh every now and then - A lot of French people don't know what they are missing. I agree!! =p


[ADDRESS]
Yum Cha Restaurant
20 Trengganu Street
Singapore 058479
Tel: 6372 1717

**High Tea Buffet Promotion (for Yum Cha Chinatown)**

$19.80 for adults and $15.80 for children below 12
3pm-6pm (Last order at 5.30pm).
Available on weekdays only, excluding public holidays.


Nearest MRT Station: Chinatown (NE4/DT19), North-East Line & Downtown Line (under construction) - Take Exit A

No comments:

Post a Comment