Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Automne 2011 #23

France is a "yoghurt paradise".
These are some of the yoghurts we have in the fridge.


You can get excellent yoghurt at low prices with a huge variety to choose from. I don't think I've yet to try every one of them from the supermarket shelves. I like those rustic, plain-flavoured ones that are being sold by "un agriculteur" in the weekly open-air markets. They are usually kept in a simple glass bottle, or a brown porcelain container topped with a piece of fabric, tied around with a thick, brown string.

The yoghurt prices in Singapore are actually very expensive. This is because yoghurt is still not considered as a staple in our Asian diet. Here, they eat yoghurt at a very tender age.

How I eat my yoghurt.

Plain yoghurt stays on the top of my list. I eat it with honey and fresh, seasonal fruits. Clementines (they are like very mini oranges, but way sweeter than Sunkist oranges) are in season now. They were bought in the marché (open-air markets set up by local producers), I was kinda delighted that the clementines came with stalks and leaves.

It reads, "Mountain Honey".


Try and eat food that don't come with an ingredient list. Get real honey, not those made with sugar.




Pears are in season too. The pears here are soft and very sweet!!


I like to eat half of the portion with yoghurt and the other half by themselves.


Snack time - A cheese called, "Mimolette".


Salad with avocados and a new bottle of Ajiso dressing that I bought to try.

When you are in a foreign country, you eat what is readily available. Yoghurt, fresh fruits and salad much make up part of my daily diet in France. They come in varieties and hence, you don't get bored eating them as the season changes. I love trying different kinds of salads especially. They give me ideas on how I could make mine the next time too.

4 comments:

  1. Wow... you really do take your foods seriously. Taking the effort to serve them nicely. ^^

    Unless I'm cooking for the family, in which case I'd put in effort for the food presentation. But when I cook for myself, I do it 阿洒哩-style (or bochup, or male style if you prefer to call it that way, haha): dump everything into 1 bowl or eat it straight out of its container, LOL

    - carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, actually, I got a lot of trays in the kitchen for me to load the stuff I want onto it and bring them into the bedroom. Cos, I usually eat while watching my HKG or American shows on the laptop. LOL!! "dump everything into 1 bowl or eat it straight out of its container" some tastes dont mix u know and not very hygenic leh?!! But, you are also rushing for time, that's why. I'm like in very slow motion when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After so many moves from country to country, I learnt to accummulate as little as possible, or else MAJOR headache the next time i shift back to SG coz very troublesome to throw out stuff (in Japan, have to pay to throw bulky items, can you imagine??)

    Now I only have very basic utensils and cutlery in my kitchen. :)

    -carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! I am still counting the no. of countries you have stayed and would be staying in!! LOL!! But, but, I was just talking about trays. *left index finger bumping with right index finger* It is not bulky and it doesn't hurt to have one, no? I think it belongs to the practical category cos you can move several items to another part of the house/room. =D Heee.

    ReplyDelete