Do you know that the Miffy rabbit I like is Dutch? I only found out when I came here!! Am I the only one??!!


Shops selling waffles, pizzas and doughnuts are located everywhere along the streets.


There are lots of stalls selling thickly-cut fries in a cone with different types of dressing that you can choose from too.




What I had - toast with curry ketchup (!!). The ketchup really does taste like curry and vice versa.

What my colleagues ordered - some omelette dish.

Hamburger.

I was telling them about how Asians pose in front of the cameras with their fingers from 1 to 10 - they were really amused and started posing with different numbers EVERYTIME we take a pic from then on... (-_-)"'



Miffy was created by Dutch artist, Dick Bruna. Miffy's original Dutch name is Nijntje, which stems from a toddler's pronunciation of the word "konijntje" meaning "little rabbit". I don't know how the exact pronounciation goes. Dutch is a totally alien language to me. I cannot make out a single word even when I'm hearing them on the streets.
Shops selling waffles, pizzas and doughnuts are located everywhere along the streets.


There are lots of stalls selling thickly-cut fries in a cone with different types of dressing that you can choose from too.

I don't know whether it is because the colour, orange is associated with Netherlands that carrots (because this is an orange vegetable??!!)-made products are in rampage. I see a lot of carrot cakes and even carrot cheese!!

Lunch at this randomly picked café where the person who decorated it appeared to be someone who cannot make up his or her mind, or they just want a bit of everything. A mix of Las Vegas blinking lights with colored tinsel that reminded me of the Malays (maybe I'm right cos Indonesia used to be a colony of the Dutch).


What I had - toast with curry ketchup (!!). The ketchup really does taste like curry and vice versa.

What my colleagues ordered - some omelette dish.

Hamburger.

I was telling them about how Asians pose in front of the cameras with their fingers from 1 to 10 - they were really amused and started posing with different numbers EVERYTIME we take a pic from then on... (-_-)"'

The costs of living in Amsterdam is lower than Paris. It was only 60++€ (including beer and drinks) for all the 8 of us.















No comments:
Post a Comment