Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Automne 2011 #45

Gare du Nord at barely 07H00 - the busiest railway station in Europe. The Gare du Nord handles trains to Northern France, as well as to various international destinations such as Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.


Destination: Amsterdam // Duration: 3 hours


Scenes of "Harry Potter" boarding the train at platform 9 3/4 struck me while I was walking on the platform. I don't know whether it is due to the similarity of all railway stations in Europe, or I have watched the Harry Potter series too many times...


I think taking the train is a much pleasant experience than taking the plane. With bigger and much more comfortable seats and occasional scenaries that zoom past your window.

Breakfast on board.



Coincidentally, it was my birthday and my colleagues surprised me with a birthday song sung loudly in the cabin *blushed* and a gift. =)

Birthday wishes in various languages. I really like my colleagues.

2 comments: