Pages

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Automne 2011 #44

It was A who demostrated to me the "conservation method" of fresh fruits. She explained to me how she eats them back in Lithunia. At the very least, it works for berries!! 

A has a huge freezer at home, those industrial-box-type-size. She takes out a portion of frozen raspberries, smashed them up a little, and add a hint of sugar to it. There, I will be serve some fresh croissants with this mixture to dip with when I do a stay over at her place. A lives in the suburbs, a region near Paris named, Palaiseau, which I've mentioned here where there is a farm nearby that sells plentiful of fresh harvest at much lower prices compared to any markets or supermarkets you can find.

I became a converted fan and buy up different varieties of berries in bulk because they are seasonal and by freezing them, we can eat them all year round now. I store them in the freezer using ziplock bags, and take out the portions I want to consume only when I want it. I don't add sugar though, at most, some honey, but I like the way they taste originally.

With yoghurt & some drizzled honey.



With yoghurt and pear cubes.


The one I like best, just eat them the way they are. It looks almost like jam, isn't it? =D

Heavenly!!

2 comments:

  1. I know it's a great idea but I don't really enjoy defrosted fruits, they become very mushy... unless the intention is to make fruit slushies, sorbet or jams, then it's a different matter, haha.

    -carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fine with it as long as they taste good. =D

    ReplyDelete