Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Colleague/Buddy, A invited me to her place over the weekend on the pretext to have a real hands on session on Chinese cooking. She is the one who got addicted to the 小娘惹 series, went to Finland 10 years ago for her studies and loved Chinese cooking thereafter. I call her "The Asian who got trapped in a blonde shell". Hahaha!

The fabulous view from her balcony looking down at Palaiseau - a commune in the southern suburbs of Paris, France, located 16.9 km from the center of Paris.

The air is so fresh everyday, noticeably different from what I usually have in Paris.

A's 3 VERY beautiful children, who are big fans of Asian cuisine too (while I have this very strange feeling seeing blonde heads, blue eyes eating a table full of Singaporean Chinese food I churned out in the later part) volunteering enthusiatically to prepare for their long awaited dinner!

I have to bring my own wok cos A doesn't have anything like this to contain 3kg worth of chicken wings/noodles/vermicelli to satisfy her family's big appetite.

More pics up in the next few days on the lovely village and flea market I went. I cooked a lot and with 3 kids in the house, instead of my usual late waking hours on a Sunday, I woke up at 8a.m. without the help of an alarm clock!!

Great week ahead, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much jolly homely fun.
    Good to see you enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete