Some time last week during lunch with colleagues.
Flammekueche - Tarte flambée is an Alsatian dish composed of bread dough rolled out very thin in the shape of a rectangle (traditionally) or circle, which is covered with fromage blanc or crème fraîche, thinly sliced onions and lardons.
Flammekueche - Tarte flambée is an Alsatian dish composed of bread dough rolled out very thin in the shape of a rectangle (traditionally) or circle, which is covered with fromage blanc or crème fraîche, thinly sliced onions and lardons.

Depending on the region, this dish can be called in Alsatian flammekueche, in German Flammkuchen, which means "Flame cake" or in French tarte flambée, which translates as "Pie baked in the flames."

Contrary to what the direct translation would suggest tarte flambée is not usually flambéed, but cooked in a wood-fire oven. There are many variations of the original recipe, in terms of the garniture.



We have a choice between "Starters with main dish" or "Main dish with dessert".
My starters - some salmon salad.


Café gourmand is always a good choice for dessert, cos you can have a little bit of every dessert. I didn't take dessert this time but my colleague gave me his chocolate fudge. Haha! =D

I'm not a fan of pizzas or tart(s) dishes. The desserts here appeal much more to me compared to their starters or Flammekueche. I tried the apple crumble of another colleague's and it tasted great too. I would come here for their desserts but I don't think I would have a craving for their Flammekueches.















No comments:
Post a Comment