Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Printemps 2012 #6

Balsamic vinegar. I've been wanting to have this in the kitchen ever since I tried some of the salads in the italian restaurants here. It is in the form of a very thick sauce, not those watery type, the flavour is much more concentrated and, taste so much better than the watery ones.

I bought this small bottle from the supermarket today when I saw it on the shelves. It is really expensive compared to others. Once in a while indulgence.


Made from a reduction of cooked white Trebbiano grape juice and not a vinegar in the usual sense, has been made in Modena and Reggio Emilia since the Middle Ages.

Not a good looking salad - meant to show the viscosity of this condiment. It will be lunch for tomorrow with one of my favourite greens - Spinach, pickles, crabstick and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment