W accompanied me for my convocation today.
Some administrative stuff for entrance to the university course I'll be attending in Spring.
Which is not really Spring's spring cos it's starting on the 12th Feb.
I rarely set my foot on the 5th district and I was told that Rue Mouffetard is a very famous street as it was mentioned in many French books.
I should think this is the place where many writers came for their inspiration or where they gathered?
This is also the place where a lot of universities are situated from the past till now.
Hence, there are a lot of students in this area.
Very nice and lively.
One very obvious trait about this district which I realised after today was, there are a lot of slopes.
Not really that fun when you are walking upwards.
But I do like the surroundings.
和巴黎的其他部分相比,少了一点铜臭味,多了一点书卷味。
至少今天看了看, 这里的 nerds or geeks 都蛮帅的。
哈哈哈!!
=P
Some administrative stuff for entrance to the university course I'll be attending in Spring.
Which is not really Spring's spring cos it's starting on the 12th Feb.
I rarely set my foot on the 5th district and I was told that Rue Mouffetard is a very famous street as it was mentioned in many French books.
I should think this is the place where many writers came for their inspiration or where they gathered?
This is also the place where a lot of universities are situated from the past till now.
Hence, there are a lot of students in this area.
Very nice and lively.
One very obvious trait about this district which I realised after today was, there are a lot of slopes.
Not really that fun when you are walking upwards.
But I do like the surroundings.
和巴黎的其他部分相比,少了一点铜臭味,多了一点书卷味。
至少今天看了看, 这里的 nerds or geeks 都蛮帅的。
哈哈哈!!
=P
****************
Rue Mouffetard is one of Paris's oldest and liveliest neighbourhoods.
These days the area has many restaurants, shops, and cafés, and a regular open market.
These days the area has many restaurants, shops, and cafés, and a regular open market.

The area remained relatively unchanged because of its location on the Saint Geneviève hill, which protected it from Baron Haussmann's redevelopment during the reign of Napoleon III.

****************
We went to have lunch (I had the salmon sushi I mentioned previously again. I think I can eat that everyday or alternate it with my meepok for lunch and dinner) at Saint Lazare and FNAC (French version of Kinokuniya) after that.
I bought 2 books in English, which I'm almost halfway through one of them when I was reading it in the evening before dinner.
It was mind revoking: "A thousand splendid suns" on life of Afghanistan.
I got another 2 books which is bilingual in nature, one page in French and the other in English simultaneously.
Previously I bought 1 of the bilingual series and it helped to let me realise how to use some expressions in English and French.
Surprisingly, I think I spent most of my money on books here.
I bought 2 books in English, which I'm almost halfway through one of them when I was reading it in the evening before dinner.
It was mind revoking: "A thousand splendid suns" on life of Afghanistan.
I got another 2 books which is bilingual in nature, one page in French and the other in English simultaneously.
Previously I bought 1 of the bilingual series and it helped to let me realise how to use some expressions in English and French.
Surprisingly, I think I spent most of my money on books here.
****************
Another round of administrative work to be done on next Tues morning.
W will not be free to accompany me.
But a close family friend (a fatherly figure) will be driving and accompanying me to the university to make sure that everything goes smoothly as everything will be carried out in French.

W will not be free to accompany me.
But a close family friend (a fatherly figure) will be driving and accompanying me to the university to make sure that everything goes smoothly as everything will be carried out in French.
I'll have to take an assessment test for them to access my level to facilitate them with respect to putting me in the right class.
And, I finally received my certificate along with my results slip for the obligatory exam I took under the French government last Oct.
It was a full score.
Seriously, it's ridiculous because there's no perfect score when it comes to a language.
You don't have to be smart to take this exam.
Most importantly, I don't think it's a very good reflection of how fluent you are in the language.
And, I finally received my certificate along with my results slip for the obligatory exam I took under the French government last Oct.
It was a full score.
Seriously, it's ridiculous because there's no perfect score when it comes to a language.
You don't have to be smart to take this exam.
Most importantly, I don't think it's a very good reflection of how fluent you are in the language.

****************
Honestly, I'm excited about school.
=)
=)















No comments:
Post a Comment