Just another trip to Chinatown after I woke up on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Mixed feelings - feeling abit frustrated (cos tomorrow is Mon again) while enjoying the scenary around me on a Sunday pace.








Driving around Paris, crossing La Seine, the winter scene, everything around me spells nostalgia. The bare trees and the grey skies. I wind down the windows, listening to the people on the streets, some random tunes I remembered listening to over the past week was playing inside my head.
Maybe it is because I am not the one driving that I get to enjoy the pleasure of a passenger - taking in everything my 5 senses gave me.
Also, I began snapping these pics while the car was moving. Not my best, and some at pretty weird angles. Still, I think they deliver the right kind of winter vibes.
如果说新加坡的牛车水是个施上浓妆的城市妇人,巴黎的牛车水则是脂粉不沾的乡下村妇。








********************
Driving around Paris, crossing La Seine, the winter scene, everything around me spells nostalgia. The bare trees and the grey skies. I wind down the windows, listening to the people on the streets, some random tunes I remembered listening to over the past week was playing inside my head.
Maybe it is because I am not the one driving that I get to enjoy the pleasure of a passenger - taking in everything my 5 senses gave me.
Also, I began snapping these pics while the car was moving. Not my best, and some at pretty weird angles. Still, I think they deliver the right kind of winter vibes.





********************
As usual, I'm on a high mood after a trip back from Chinatown. There must be a reason why trips to supermarkets and pharmacies thrill me (especially those in Japan!!). While I was feasting on the winter scene in the car, something light up in my head like a bulb.
...which got me doing this


Contents: Salad (mâche, 1 of my fav salad in France, they have very good fresh salad here), cherry tomatoes, salad sauce (in bear bottle), onigiri (rice balls) mixed with 3 different kinds of furikake (dry Japanese condiment meant to be sprinkled on top of rice), fresh prawns,Korokke (curry flavoured croquette), katsuobushi on chawamushi (steamed egg mastered perfectly & topped with fish flakes)
Finally, I understood the concept of space and colours in bento-making.
Finally, I understood the concept of space and colours in bento-making.
Last week of Feb.
2009 is zooming past me like nobody's business.
2009 is zooming past me like nobody's business.















No comments:
Post a Comment