Pages

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Lunch in a box




Prawn dumplings noodles
(dry version, sauce & chilli wrapped
within noodles
which will melt itself when I microwave it)



close up: I'm very please with how transparent the dumpling skin
turned out when I cooked them.

side dish: fresh tofu (sauces & dry condiments in pink and
bunny containers), curry korokke



The sushi is the focus!! Rice on the outer layer while the seaweed
& prawn rolls are kept within.
(pink ginger & wasabi placed behind them)


fresh salad, cherry tomatoes, my fav lady fingers, fish cakes, shredded chicken
topped with sesame and sauces kept in bunny containers



菜饭。This looks ugly in presentation but trust me, beauty's really
skin deep most of the time.

Rice, long beans in belachan, diced chicken in fermented dark soya beans,
steamed eggs with chinese mushrooms, bean sprouts

I don't know how to explain to those who doesn't come from Asia that this ugly dish is actually the star dish among all the other dishes I've put up. Especially in Singapore, if you have been to our food court or hawker centres, stalls selling an assorted variety of cooked dishes served with plain rice have the longest queues everyday. If spagetti, cheese and pizza are so important to the Westerners, this is the Asian equivalent. Take it as this is the mother of all our food. LOL! (Kind of exaggerating)

But really, this is truly home-cooked food, tasted like home and everything nice when eating it.


P/S: Deep down in my heart, I really think I'm eating one of the best lunches in Paris. Hahaha!!



FM gave me 3 new bottles of salad dressings from Japan
on Friday
this week.
(cos she has too many to finish before the expiry date. She bought too many. LOL!)


So, right now I've got a collection of 4 different kinds of salad dressings to choose from. I very much prefer Japanese salad dressings to the French ones. The latter uses olive oil, wine vinegar, salt and pepper almost every single time, whether it's at home or at the restaurant.... ZzzzzZZZzzzz....The former, on the other hand has much more variety, and much lesser calories to consume without sacrificing the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment