Well, this is the bento box I was raving about. Got this on Saturday while we were on our way back home after dinner and I told W, I would just like to pop into the Korean supermarket for a look.
You always find the thing/s you want when you least expected it. =)
You always find the thing/s you want when you least expected it. =)

So, here's the "magic"!! It has 4 partitions in one of the tiers!! Which means, it can contain food with 4 different types of gravies without mixing up with each other at the same time! It's a totally different idea from using "baran" where it is much more suitable for dry food but you just don't want them to stick to each other in the bento.
You can configure the partitions yourself depending on what you intend to bring for the day.
You can configure the partitions yourself depending on what you intend to bring for the day.


Seriously, I bought this because of its functions. I'm not a Hello Kitty fan.
My bento for tmr, 11th May!!

Contents: 1st tier - Congee, 2nd tier (clockwise) - steamed codfish, fresh salad with edam cheese & plum dressing in bear bottle, tofu with green & yellow capsicums, chawamushi topped with katsuobushi
Before I turned my porridge into congee, it looked like this:

I like to add wolfberries in my porridge or congee. Depending on what kind of congee I'm cooking for that day, sometimes I'll add in other herbs. The common ones I always use are ginger, Dioscorea opposita and Angelica sinensis. I'll go herbal after my mensus ends. I go easy on my dosage for Angelica sinensis because it will cause "over-heatiness" if you consume too much.
I do a bit of reading on herbs myself, also I'm lucky I've got a friend who is quite well-versed in herbs due to her family background. Other than that, observe the weather, listen to your body, you'll know what you need. Like I'll rotate between those good for the skin, lungs, eyes detoxification, etc. Most of the time, it depends on my mood, lol. Some of them are quite a hassle!
I do a bit of reading on herbs myself, also I'm lucky I've got a friend who is quite well-versed in herbs due to her family background. Other than that, observe the weather, listen to your body, you'll know what you need. Like I'll rotate between those good for the skin, lungs, eyes detoxification, etc. Most of the time, it depends on my mood, lol. Some of them are quite a hassle!
Close-up of my steamed codfish with fermented soya beans and shredded ginger.
Like what my father said, only fresh fish can withstand the test of steaming.
Like what my father said, only fresh fish can withstand the test of steaming.

You only need very simple seasonings to bring out its freshness.
Otherwise, you're just ruining it.
One last pic of the day - a stand-alone shot of my beloved 4 partition bento.

いただきます!!~~















No comments:
Post a Comment